- Advice to Obama: Make More Friends in Congress
V. good on Obama's chief problem. Hope his next CoS is Klain or Daschle or someone who can work Congress.
- Freedom and Justice Party Statement on Assassination of Qassam Commander Ahmed Jaabari - Ikhwanweb
- Une chanson pour Gaza : le Crif pour la censure ? - Les blogs du Diplo
A nasty example of the Israel lobby in France.
- David Petraeus Affair Photos
- Women assault, cut hair of Christian woman on metro | Egypt Independent
I'd like to pummel the person who did this.
- StillSUDAN: President Bashir: throat politics
Does Bashir have cancer?
- L’Égypte – musulmane et délurée – des salles obscures (1/2) | Culture et politique arabes
- Egypt's corruption investigators zoom in on tycoon's private jet sale - The National
- Gul urges Turkey to stay on EU path - FT.com
- New generation empowered in Saudi - FT.com
Of al-Sauds, of course.
- Independent rights groups excluded by Egyptian government from meeting with EU
- Tunisia Battles Over Pulpits and a Revolution’s Legacy - NYTimes.com
On the effin' Salafis.
- Central Bank denies transferring funds to Morsy's son | Egypt Independent
- La France reconnaît l'opposition syrienne unifiée comme "seule représentante du peuple"
- Syria Presses Bombardment of Border Town
- Top News: Constituent Assembly Finalizes 14 Articles, NGOs and Ministry of Defense Reject Draft
- Development: Towards a bona fide bazaar - FT.com
Good piece on Arab street vendors.
- Egypt's Brotherhood denies report about Muslim Sisters demanding top posts - Ahram Online
Ghozlan not happy about idea of women in Guidance Bureau.
- FJP drafts amendment to Israel peace treaty for Morsy, Parliament to review
Er… treaties are renegotiated bilaterally, you know.
- Cabinet reshuffle mulled, says newspaper
the blame game begins.
- Iranian Blogger Sattar Beheshti Tortured to Death
- Major reshuffle at Egypt interior ministry leaves critics unappeased - Ahram Online
There's a human rights dept. now.
- BBC News - Syria crisis: Gulf states recognise Syria opposition
As legitimate govt.
- Syrian Rebels Map
Provincial breakdown of rebel group affiliation.
- UAE goes to war against the internet
- [toread] The nationalisation of Egypt’s civil society - Daily News Egypt
the nationalisation of #egypt's civil society: '[gov't] intervention in operation of CSOs is door for corruption' — #MB
- The Unbearable Indolence of Dr. Mursi
- Egypt plans new deficit-reduction steps - media
- ECOWAS agrees to Mali intervention force - Al Jazeera English