Links on Gaza and other topics:
- Leave Sharia alone
Anani on how the Salafis are ruining Sharia
- Why doesn’t Egypt defend Gaza militarily?
Staggering hypocrisy from Abdel Rahman Rashed, as always.
- Inside Syria, a Grandma Faces Down War - NYTimes.com
- A Phony Hero for a Phony War - NYTimes.com
The belated reappraisal of Petraeus continues.
- Egypt and Turkey can bring MidEast stability without foreign 'brokers,' says Erdogan in Cairo - Ahram Online
- La différence entre « cause palestinienne » et prétexte palestinien par Kamel Daoud
- On Being a Khaliji Ikhwan | Al Akhbar English
- Netanyahu to foreign leaders: Will accept comprehensive ceasefire if the rocket fire stops - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
- “Qaboos can make mistakes like anybody else"-- The Sultan of Oman De-sacralized
- The “End of the Two-State Solution” Spells Apartheid and Ethnic Cleansing, not Binationalism and Peace
- In Jordan's Tafilah, Demands Escalate for King’s Downfall - Al-Monitor
- Former US Envoy Ryan Crocker Calls for US-Iran Talks on Syria - Al-Monitor
- The Agonies of Susan Rice: Gaza and the Negroponte Doctrine
- الوطن | برهامي يطالب بمادة تجرم "الزنا والشذوذ الجنسي والربا" في الدستور
Salafi leader wants to criminalize masturbation, homosexuality and adultery in constitution.
- Libya's security bureaucracy: Bordering on madness | The Economist
- Sharia tribunals on the rise in North Sinai | Egypt Independent
- On the Jewish Israeli street, there's no solution to Palestinian issue but more violence
- Special Report: South Sudan's Chinese oil puzzle | Reuters
- Special Report: After southern split, Sudan stumbles | Reuters
Rare Sudan analysis.
- Trapped in Gaza - NYTimes.com
- Egypt's Mursi to avoid Coptic ceremony, dismays Christians | Reuters
- El-Helbawi: Brotherhood leadership is wavering and indecisive - Ahram Online
Interesting interview with former senior member.
- Dissecting IDF propaganda: The numbers behind the rocket attacks | Mondoweiss
- Israel’s Shortsighted Assassination - NYTimes.com
Important piece by Gershon Baskin on Gaza.
- Gaza: Background and Context | The American Conservative
- Assiut train disaster - Eyewitness account [Ar] - YouTube
- Egypt train-bus accident kills 40 children, minister of transport resigns - Ahram Online
- Middle East Policy Planning for a Second Obama Administration
Israel lobby hearts Arab monarchies, Abu Mazen.
- A Clash Over a Piece of Moroccan Tranquillity - NYTimes.com
- مزدوجو الجنسية.. الأقلية الجديدة
New regulations threaten to disposses Egyptian dual nationals.
- taunting the Muslim Brotherhood
Belly dancing video everyone is talking about
- The Survivor - By Randa Slim | Foreign Policy
Assad not about to fall, this argues.
- Is Egypt Going Backward on Religious Freedom? - Al-Monitor
By Wahid Abdel Megid, spokesman of Constituent Assembly.
- Analysis - Egypt's Mursi has scarce room for action on Gaza | Reuters
Israel and Gaza: A crumbling ceasefire | The Economist
The escalation after airstrikes that killed Hamas's top military man is not what either Israel or Gaza wanted
- Jordan to Use ‘Iron Fist’ Against Fuel Rioters, General Says - Bloomberg
- Gaza parents of baby killed in Israeli strike ask why - The National
- Protesters in Jordan Call for Ending King Abdullah II’s Rule - NYTimes.com
- The Cairo Transport App Challenge
- One dead in Jordan fuel price riots | Reuters
- Israeli peace activist: Hamas leader Jabari killed amid talks on long-term truce - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
Hours before Ahmed Jabari was assassinated, he'd received draft of a permanent truce agreement says peace activist
- Egyptian women of the revolution
Are the "secret of the revolution" apparently. I thought it was KFC.
- Eruption of Protests Tests Stability in Jordan - WSJ.com
- Relations between religion and state: A bad week for Salafists | The Economist
What utter morons.