We're back after an unexpectedly long absence (we moved Arabist HQ to a new secret location last week.) Our special guest in this episode, Aalam Wassef, was an underground guerrilla video artist and activist who went by the pseudonym Ahmed Sherif. He continues to make videos and launch activist projects under his real name, except now the target is SCAF rather than Mubarak. We discuss his work, the call for a general strike to boot SCAF out, Egypt's military-industrial complex and the NGO crisis between Cairo and Washington. I really think it's a fantastic episode.
- AalamWassef's Channel - YouTube
- Peer Evaluation : Home page
- Egypt's Military-Industrial Complex Exposed
- Egypt's Military Inc. & Privileges - Call for an open general strike - YouTube
- About Mosireen | مُصِرّين
- And remember to get your copy of Ashraf Khalil's Liberation Square!