I haven't done a link-dump in ages, so these are some of the more recent ones... mostly from this month.
- Dar Al Hayat - Ayoon wa Azan (Failed American Wars)
Jihad al-Khazen defends Egypt's NGO conspiracy delusion.
- Book review: memoirs of the late General Shazly
- Why Is President Obama Keeping a Journalist in Prison in Yemen? | The Nation
A good question.
- Gulf states close embassies in Syria
Following Saudi example, four more...
- Israel: The Knesset vs. Democracy by Dimi Reider | NYRblog
- Syria’s rebels will have to deal with Assad - FT.com
An argument for the Russia track.
- Le Figaro - International : ATT : «Aqmi épaule les rebelles touaregs»
Malian prez says AQIM backing Tuaregs.
- On the Trail of an Audacious Presidential Campaign
Baheyya visits the Khaled Ali campaign.
- Mubarak reminisces on top Egyptian influences in second part of memoirs
Is this even credible?
- Aboubakr Jamaï, Moroccan Publisher, on Press Freedom - MAMFAKINCH
- Lebanon’s Syria worries: Balance of fear | The Economist
And Hizbullah's bind.
- Whispered dissent in UAE: No sheikh-up here | The Economist
- Morocco: Towards a cohabitation between the King and the Islamists?
- Jonathan Littell · Syrian Notebooks · LRB 1 March 2012
- Libya’s Electoral Law Is Flawed - NYTimes.com
Because it excludes military and thus keeps militias alive, Geoff Porter says.
- Shades of the Sinai's Instability - Sada
- Islamism and the Syrian Uprising - By Nir Rosen | The Middle East Channel
- Simmering Discontent in the Western Sahara - Carnegie
- Amnesty International to Clinton: No more aid for Egypt | The Cable
- Boeing Wins $11B Foreign Military Sale for Saudi F-15s
The gravy train keeps on rolling...
- Dessine-moi la Tunisie : quand Plantu rencontre Moncef Marzouki - LeMonde.fr
- FRIDE - Algeria's deceptive quiet
By Barah Mikail.
- Back to Basics: Israel’s Arab Minority and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - International Crisis Group
- Drafting Egypt's New Constitution Policy Paper - ARD
By Tamer Moustafa.
- West Bank Green Energy Project Creating Tension between Israel and Germany | Joseph Dana
- Exclusive: secret Assad emails lift lid on life of leader's inner circle | World news | The Guardian
- Boston Review — Richard Falk: Plague of Locusts
On drones and int. law.
- Netanyahu is preparing Israeli public opinion for a war on Iran - Haaretz
So says Aluf Benn
- [priv] AIPAC Works for the 1 Percent
- The Emerging Neocon-Christian Split Over Syria - Robert Wright - International - The Atlantic
- Saudi protests spread to different cities | Al Akhbar English
- Brotherhood takes softer line on Egypt government | Reuters
More kalam fadi and inconsistency.
- Is Abouel Fotouh good enough for the revolution? | Egypt Independent
Interesting argument against supporting Aboul Fotouh by a progressive.
- Meet your presidential candidate: Hazem Abu Ismail, the rebel | Egypt Independent
Profile of the dark horse candidate.
- Libya's Muslim Brotherhood Faces the Future - By Omar Ashour | The Middle East Channel
- Iraq militia stone youths to death for emo style | Reuters
- The Life of an Iraqi Legislator Is Profitable But Perilous | Focal Points, the Blog of FPIF
- Meet your presidential candidate: Selim al-Awa, the opportunist | Egypt Independent
- The Kingdom Divided - Sada
On the Saudi opposition.
- Egypt’s presidential race: Wanted: maybe a president? | The Economist
- Seven sins of Egypt's salvation government - Opinion - Ahram Online