Overdue... like the podcast! All coming soon, I hope.
- UAE: Citizenship with a Gag Order | Al Akhbar English
Really a shame what's happening in the UAE.
- British journalist in Egyptian custody for 54 days for covering clashes near Interior Ministry « Jonathan Rashad
- Paradoxes of “religious freedom” in Egypt « The Immanent Frame
Interesting essay by Tamir Moustafa and Asifa Quraishi.
- Saudi Arabia bans 'gays, tom-boys' from schools - Emirates 24/7
- Egypt's Transition Imbroglio - By Nathan J. Brown
- The Rise of the Killer Drones: How America Goes to War in Secret | Rolling Stone
- The resurrection of Omar Suleiman - Ahram Online
- Inside Washington's high risk mission to beat web censors | The Guardian
Am quoted here.
- Reforms come slowly in post-Saleh Yemen | McClatchy
What a travesty.
- In the Kingdom of Tear Gas | MERIP
- Qatar named as the fattest nation on earth where HALF of all adults are obese | Mail Online
- Updated: SPEC disqualifies 10 candidates including Suleiman, El-Shater and Abu-Ismail - Presidential elections news - Ahram
- Khaled Ali: The Hard Labor of Law | Al Akhbar English
- General Intelligence Services stresses neutrality toward presidential candidates | Egypt Independent
T-shirts bearing Suleiman’s image transported from Saudi, confiscated at Cairo airport | Egypt IndependentWho is #Saudi Arabia's favorite candidate for president in #Egypt?
- Mubarak regime remnants support Suleiman in governorates | Egypt Independent
Slogan: "Oh Shater, oh coward, you are the Americans' agent."
- THE DAILY STAR :: Business :: International :: Majors vie with Egypt’s generals over oil
International oil chiefs vie with Egypt’s generals over oil
- Maroc : le PJD imprime sa marque sur l'audiovisuel marocain | Jeuneafrique.com - le premier site d'information et d'actualité sur l'Afrique
Morocco's PJD is changing what's allowed on TV, and not everyone's happy with it:
- Egyptian ambassador to Qatar recalled after rant at Egypt's foreign ministry - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
- Suleiman claims he saved EgyptAir's reputation after 1999 crash - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
Egypt’s Ex-Spy Chief Emerges as Presidential Candidate - NYTimes.com
“The field marshal (Tantawi) does not like Omar (Soleiman)"
- Muslim Brotherhood and Egyptian Politics - C-SPAN Video Library
- Egypt: The Omar Theories
If any, it's #2.
- Tariq Ramadan: the Muslim Brotherhood currently lacks political substance – video | The Guardian
- Guestview: Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood is dead – long live the Freedom & Justice Party | FaithWorld
- Al-Shater's economic policies may attract US support, say experts
Or at least what the MB says in DC sounds good...
- The Dog Whistles of Omar Suleiman « salamamoussa
"Egyptians respect wiliness"
- The Economic Incoherence of “El Bashmohandis” « salamamoussa
Good post on Shater & MB's weak econ policy.
- Ennahda «a engagé des discussions avec les salafistes»
- Le Figaro - Les salafistes tunisiens montent en ligne
- Leftist presidential candidate goes to bat for Salafist Abu-Ismail - Ahram
- Cairo launch of regional research body - FT.com
On the new Signet Institute.
- “The Warrior Class”: The Blackwater Videos—By Harper's Magazine (Harper's Magazine)
- The Muslim Brotherhood’s dangerous missteps | The Great Debate
@HaniSabra on the MB's big mistake
- Approaching Algerian Elections Raises Questions about Islamists | Project on Middle East Democracy (POMED)
Statement by Sponsors of "Friday of Confrontation and Revolution Revival" 13 April 2012: Full translation of the...
- Who do Egypt’s villagers vote for? And why? | Egypt Independent
A fascinating read
- Shater faces early hiccups on campaign trail | Egypt Independent
- As Egypt elections near, one candidate faces the worst accusation - Jew - Haaretz
On Amr Moussa's mom.
- The Gulf States and Syria | United States Institute of Peace
- International Institute for Strategic Studies 24 January 2012 - IISS-US Roundtable Discussion - The Syrian Uprising Seen From The Arab World
De nouveaux partis islamistes sortent de l’ombre à la veille des communales
New Salafist parties in Morocco
- Libya stops paying rebels as fraud mounts - Telegraph
- Mubarak looking at things
RT @SultanAlQassemi: US State Department bars inspection of MB delegate implicated in child pornography investigation ...
- Making the Arab League Matter | Marc Lynch