Anyone know who this belligerent joker is? His poster is all over Abdel Moneim Riyad Sq. Is he threatening to punch in the face anyone who insults Egypt or what?
- In Egypt, Morsi Escalates Battle Over Islam’s Role - NYTimes.com
Morsi and the MB's past catches up with them.
- Algeria ruling party mutiny reflects race for power | Reuters
- Sen. Paul Issues Letter to President Obama on Ending Foreign Aid to Egypt
- Egypt terminates deal to supply Israel with natural gas
Lisa Goldman, for +972, with more details on the Israeli side.
- Atatürk font becomes sensation in Turkey - Your Middle East
- Why Do They Hate Us? - By Mona Eltahawy | Foreign Policy
- Four Steps to Save The Egyptian Revolution - Al-Monitor
Alaa al-Aswani on need for secularist-Islamist reconciliation.
- Analysis: The multiple sins of the Brothers | Egypt Independent
- Bahrain's Epic Fail | Marc Lynch
- Away from unrest, Bahrain Grand Prix plays to empty stands | Reuters
- Presidential hopeful Shafiq faces multiple graft charges - Ahram
Quite a list.
- Military discusses popular vote to elect constituent assembly - Ahram
Just change the rules in midstream.
- Egypt's Moussa promises army voice in key policy body
So that's what he discussing with Tantawy two days ago.
- Update: ElBaradei's new party names itself 'Constitution' | Egypt Independent
- Morocco govt riven by debate over media guidelines - Boston.com
PJD govt. wants more religious media.
- The "flytilla": How much should airlines co-operate with governments? | The Economist
On Israel asking airlines to ban passengers.
- Tunisia sees tourists return after revolt | Reuters
Everyone should go...
- On campaign trail, Moussa speaks villagers' language | Egypt Independent
- Saudi rights campaigner given 4 yrs' jail: activists | Reuters
- Egypt Enters Sudan-South Sudan Conflict | Sahel Blog
- The Turbulent World of Middle East Soccer: Middle Eastern buying spree changes European soccer landscape
Soon, the "Eurabia Cup"?
- American Muslim Alleges FBI Had a Hand in His Torture (Updated with Video) | Mother Jones
- Palestinian Prisoners’ Day: Hundreds join hunger strike
3500 go on hunger strike with Khader Adnan.
- Syrian Refugees in Lebanon | Fair Observer°
- A tire fire so big it can be seen from space | Grist
5m tires burning in Kuwait.
- Kuwait's Muslim Brotherhood
- Preventing Full-Scale War between Sudan and South Sudan - International Crisis Group
- Via The Rabbi: REMEMBER WHEN TALMIDEI CHACHAMIM WORKED FOR A LIVING?
A great post on the haredim in Israel
- Constituent assembly membership saga continues - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
- Beinart Unbowed - The Dish
"The NYT Jonathan Rosen review of The Crisis of Zionism attained a kind of Platonic ideal of the response of the American Jewish Establishment."
- Freedom Funnies: 'The Angel of Dialogue, the Gift of Censorship, and the Power of Boycott'