Mostly Egypt stuff. You know you can get the links immediately as I post them if you follow me on Twitter.
- U.N. Suspends Its Mission in Syria, Citing Violence - NYTimes.com
NYT argues purpose is to pressure Russia.
- مصدر أمني: «الأمن الوطني» طلب مراقبة الأجانب ومتابعة تحركات الفلسطينيين | المصري اليوم، أخبار اليوم من مصر
Egyptian security cracks down on Pals during elex.
- Guest Post: What Peak Oil?
Data by BP shows peak oil far off
- U.S. expands secret intelligence operations in Africa - The Washington Post
- Cairobserver — Lessons from elsewhere: Ahmedabad
- A Judicial Coup in Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood-Controlled Parliament Dissolved, Military Gains Power
- Egypt's Revolution Stalls In Divide-and-Conquer Politics - WSJ.com
Good info here.
- The final chapter : EgyptMonocle
- Bizarre quotes: Presidential finalists Shafiq, Mursi - Ahram Online
- Egyptian Revolt’s Leaders Count Their Mistakes - NYTimes.com
- Egypt's New Parliamentary Politics | Chatham House
They got this one out just in time.
- Priorities in the Egyptian Delta | Chatham House
Report on demands outside Cairo, for once!
- GOOD.is | The Changing Lives of Arab Youth (Scaling)
- Towards a new Arab cultural revolution : Conflicts Forum
Alastair Crooke, defending Syria by blaming Saudi.
- Senator Leahy: Egypt's Rulers Are Throwing The Transition Into Question | NEWS.GNOM.ES
- Shifting factors make second round vote predictions difficult | Egypt Independent
reminder: Masry Youm published leaked Const Decl addendum on May20 = expansion of Nov 2011 Selmi doc + additions
- Egypt: Between a Constitutional Coup and a Mortal Wound | Egypt News.Net
Between a Constitutional Coup and a Mortal Wound
- Revolution is the only way to save Egypt | Khalid Abdalla | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
- Egypt’s gains in peril, Islamists warn; activists call protest march - The Washington Post
“They (the Brotherhood) lost our support and then their power. I think their game is over.”
- How Egypt’s Islamists lost the first round : EgyptMonocle
- The Constitutional Court Rulings and Counter-Revolution in Egypt: An Interview with Lina Attalah
Good post by J. Pressman, even if I disagree.
- Egypt's republic of rumors - By David Kenner | FP Passport
- gulftoday.ae | Eco-friendly mosque design gets nod
- A fork in the road for Egypt's political forces: Who will they choose? - Presidential elections news - Presidential elections 2012 - Ahram Online
A fork in the road for Egypt's political forces: Who will they choose? via @ahramonline
- Arab Linguistic Imperialism and the Decline of Arabic: Does anyone speak Arabic? Part 1 « Arabizi- اللغة العربية
- Arab Linguistic Imperialism and the Decline of Arabic: Does anyone speak Arabic? Part 2 « Arabizi- اللغة العربية
- A Symbol Kind of Monarch - Sada
- The Sugar Mama of Anti-Muslim Hate | The Nation
- Cairo’s Judicial Coup - By Nathan J. Brown | The Middle East Channel
- Islamophobia and Its Discontents | The Nation
"We have in America today two systems of citizenship: one for Muslims and one for non-Muslims."Laila Lalami.
- Sheikhs and Politicians: Inside the New Egyptian Salafism | Brookings Institution
- BBC News - Gaza water too contaminated to drink, say charities
- In Alexandria, an Election Surprise - WSJ.com
- The Revolution's Barometer
Mona Abaza on the M. Mahmoud St mural.
- The Goal of the Muslim Brotherhood « A Sense of Belonging
- Syrian Crisis: Three’s a Crowd | Al Akhbar English
Awful Saad-Ghorayeb piece on Syria. Just awful.
- Le roi est de retour, les activités reprennent… | Le Soir-echos
Morocco, where governance means nothing happens unless the king is around.
- Official: The 100 members of Egypt's revamped Constituent Assembly - Ahram Online
- Jail sentence for Iranian dissident reported - Middle East - Al Jazeera English
13-yr jail sentence for Iranian dissident: Abdolfattah Soltani cannot appeal again
- U.N. report: Syrian children tortured, used as human shields - CNN.com
This is why the UN mission is important.
- Muslim Brotherhood urged to share power in Egypt | The Guardian
Hearst on Ghannouchi and the Egyptians.
- الإعلان الذي أرهب شركات الجواسيس 2- أعمل إيه؟ - YouTube
Another spy ad warns about kombuters.
- Egypt military judiciary wants MP’s immunity lifted over Tantawi insult - Ahram
MB made this possible.
- Mr. Friedman, could I ask you a question?
- Tunisie: Le groupe parlementaire d'Ennahdha pour l'incrimination de l'atteinte au sacré