Before the usual links, a big thanks fo Cairobserver, which not only has a wonderful website but also recently came out with a spiffy print edition. Check out this excellent post on cinema and cultural production in Egypt: The Arab Republic of Delete.
- Judicial Turbulence Ahead in Egypt, Fasten Your Seat Belts - Carnegie
Nathan Brown on Egypt's legal-constitutional clusterfuck.
- The contradictory aims of USAID in Egypt | openDemocracy
- Exclusive – New details emerge about Tripoli airport seizure as Libya Herald gains access to prisoners at Metiga airbase | Libya Herald
- Tunisia: Confronting Social and Economic Challenges - International Crisis Group
- Egypt: Protesters Return to Tahrir, with Little Impact | Global Spin | TIME.com
- Time to consider military options in Syria - FT.com
A shift by Roula Khalaf.
- Egypt rulers demand constitution panel in 48 hours
Full-fledged constitutional crisis ahead.
- ANALYSIS-Egyptian status quo ends for Israelis, Palestinians | Reuters
Israel and PA agree: Shafiq is best
- Egypt's Innocent Murderers | Brookings Institution
- This, that and the other.: Dear Dr. Morsy. My Conditions for Voting for You.
- South Sudan officials have stolen $4 bln-president | Reuters
- The Real Reason to Intervene in Syria | Foreign Policy
James Rubin is a sickening sack of shit who would cause tens of thousands of deaths for his geostrategic fancy.
- CIA Prepares Iraq Pullback - WSJ.com
All hands abandon ship!
- Egypt bars brokerages from trading foreign stocks - Ahram Online
After FB IPO, to prevent $ leaving country.
- Notes from the Underground: Why I’m Not Voting Shafik or Morsi
- Solar-powered plane leaves Spain for Morocco - seattlepi.com
"The single-seat aircraft fitted with 12,000 solar cells is the size of a jumbo jet."
- Special Ops Leader Seeks New Authority and Is Denied - NYTimes.com
Today in imperial news...
- Repression in the United Arab Emirates | The Nation
A rare article looking at the crackdown and petitions in the UAE.
- Kuwaiti gets 10 years for Twitter blasphemy: lawyer | Reuters
- Committee approves new liberal party founded by MP | Egypt Independent
Mabrouk Amr Hamzawy.
- Monday’s papers: Big man in the big house | Egypt Independent
- Egypt and the fear of authoritarian relapse | Egypt Independent
Good piece by Michael W. Hanna.