Slow week as I was traveling and then recovering from traveling.
New tumblog on Middle East art and more.
- Constitutions as Peace Treaties: A Cautionary Tale for the Arab Spring - ARD
- WPR Article | In Saudi Arabia, Need for Stability Makes Continuity Likely
Nathan Field on KSA post-Nayef.
- The "hareem" of the new Egyptian Constitution | Egypt Independent
- How the Army Won Egypt’s Election - NYTimes.com
Disagree with, but do read Josh Stacher's take.
- Saudi Professor Faces Charges After Fighting for Free Speech - Al-Monitor
- Morsi, SCAF and the revolutionary left « 3arabawy
- Stephens: Who Lost Egypt? - WSJ.com
Terrible oped in so many ways.
- Silent Complicity: The International Community and Algeria’s Democratic Façade
Brian Entelis (PDF)
Bassam Haddad on Fouad Ajami.
- Morsi Meter - مرسي ميتر
Not only a great idea, but elegant too.
- Egypt's Morsi to take presidential oath of office before Constitutional Court - Ahram Online
- An Egyptian Everywoman in the Presidential Palace - NYTimes.com
- Morsi's uncertain powers to be tested by Egypt's experiment - The National
My latest column.
- Syria: A Russian Perspective - Sada
It's about the world order, stupid - v. interesting.
- Abbasseya detainees call on Morsy to pardon military prisoners | Egypt Independent
- Business in Beirut: Levantine laggard | The Economist
- In Egypt, There Will Be No Unity Without Compromise - Room for Debate - NYTimes.com
- Mohamed Morsi Will Have His Hands Full Uniting a Deeply Divided Egypt - The Daily Beast
- “Please God. Please make it stop.” | natasha smith
Awful account of an Egyptian mass-sexual assault. Pure nightmarish horror movie stuff.
- Morsi Must Rise to Challenge Of Inspiring a Divided Egypt - Al-Monitor
- La grande corruption règne en maître au Maroc
- Covering Up - By Ahmed Al Omran | Foreign Policy
On top female Saudi official's veil.
- .: CairoGossip :.
Galabiya party to "celebrate" Morsi at Amici bar. #facepalm
- Nayef’s demise: Relief for the Brothers? | Egypt Independent
- Mubarak's sons in shock at Morsi victory: MENA - Ahram Online