The blog will be on holiday mode for the next month or so — due to the arrival a week ago of our son, who is keeping is busy and rapt with wonder, and that we are actually on a break. Here are the links of the last two weeks, with a big gap in the last week in particular.
- Civilians at Hurghada Airport fill-in for security officers on strike - Ahram Online
This country is nuts.
- Tunisia: Hardline Islam Threatens Democracy Gains | TIME.com
- The Prince and the Revolution -WINEP
Good stuff on Bandar.
- In My Mother's Arms - Witness - Al Jazeera English
Documentary on orphans in Iraq.
- Unexceptional: Algeria’s Apparent Contradictions at Fifty - Sada
Algiers' main square closed under false pretenses...
- Tunisian economy makes tentative recovery
Tunisia could get US FTA.
- Muslim Brotherhood's rise in Egypt could push Hamas to lay down its arms - Haaretz
Nonsense in which Haaretz takes its news from Rose al-Youssef.
- Kidnapped paramedic: “It was general intelligence who abducted me” - Daily News Egypt
- A simplistic sectarian lens magnifies extremist agenda - The National
- U.S. presented Netanyahu with contingency plan for Iran strike | Haaretz
An open conspiracy.
- Burma's monks call for Muslim community to be shunned - Asia - World - The Independent
- The blatancy of apartheid | Mondoweiss
Phil Weiss writes from Jerusalem on the blatancy of Israeli apartheid
- Former U.S. officials say CIA considers Israel to be Mideast's biggest spy threat - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
- Preparing for Assad's Exit | Marc Lynch
Good points made here.
- Salafi nominee for religious endowments minister denies Shater behind nomination | Egypt Independent
- My 50 Minutes with Manaf
Bassad Haddad reminds us who Manaf Tlass is.
- Les gauches arabes déchirées par la crise en #Syrie
- The identity of Al-Azhar and its doctrine - Opinion - Ahram Online
- Abul-Naga: I won't serve in PM Qandil's government - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
Fayza Abul-Naga: I won't serve in PM Qandil's government
- Still unclear how new constitution will address army | Egypt Independent
- Islamist alliance for upcoming parliamentary elections collapses | Egypt Independent
Salafist alliance for upcoming parliamentary elections dissolved
- THE DAILY STAR :: Syria embodies the end of colonialism
- Free citizen journalists in Sudan | Sudan Watch
On detention of #simsimt
- Blast rocks Egypt's gas pipeline to Israel, Jordan | Reuters
Gas shipments had resumed!
- Yo Mama So Zionist | YouTube
- Morsy answers questions of citizens in daily radio program | Egypt Independent
- Time for Hezbollah to Quit Lebanese Government | Al Akhbar English
By the paper's editor.
- Pipelines bypassing Hormuz open - FT.com
- Daily chart: A map of sloth | The Economist
Saudi Arabia leads.
- Court postpones judge change decision in Constituent Assembly case | Egypt Independent
- Les biens des militaires égyptiens cartographiés | Reflets
- Wednesday's papers: The Brothers and Hillary | Egypt Independent
- Egypt’s top intelligence body makes bid for public support as it faces Brotherhood president - The Washington Post