I am taking suggestions on how to improve the links list — frequency, content, separate sections, etc. Let me know in the comments.
- INSIGHT-Local wars blur al Qaeda's threat to West | Reuters
- Syria, jihad and the boys from Tunisia's Ben Guerdane - The National
- Egypt's Mursi to visit Saudi Arabia on Wednesday | Reuters
MB charm offensive continues.
- Muslim Brotherhood Seeks Registration as an NGO - Ikhwanweb
- Prioritizing Democracy: How the Next President Should Re-Orient U.S. Policy in the Middle East | Brookings Institution
- Shadi Hamid - The Real Reason the U.S. Should Consider Cutting Military Aid to Egypt - The Atlantic
- US senate bill conditions Egypt aid on disclosure of security budget - Ahram Online
I would usually bet this would be killed by admin, but not sure in elex year.
- Constituent Assembly discusses freedom of religion, future of the presidency | Egypt Independent
Like the old Egypt, the new Egypt will not have freedom of religion beyond the Abrahamic ones.
- Tunisie : baptême du feu démocratique pour la troïka | Tunisie libre | Rue89 Les blogs
Overview of recent crisis.
- Iranians turn vegetarian – by force | euronews
Because of sanctions.
- New Egyptian TV channel to only feature fully face-veiled women - Ahram Online
- Egypt's military-approved budget could stall Morsi's plans - Economy - Business - Ahram Online
- Beirut I Love You
Cannot believe I did not know about this till now.
- Clarence Page’s Job Safe After MEK ‘Dust Up’ | TPMMuckraker
The MEK's prominence in US politics is yet another weird side-effect of the Israel lobby.
- Oil Embargo Leads Iran to Disguise Tankers - NYTimes.com
- Rape and Revolution | Souciant
- Egypt's Policy Makers Scramble To Avert Currency Collapse - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East
- Wikileaks: Italian firm sold Syria secure radios as crackdown raged | Ars Technica
- Time: A luxury Egypt can no longer afford | Egypt Independent
My latest for the Indie. No foxes though.
- Libya's elections under threat - International Crisis Group
- Syria File
- The Fading of Tahrir Square | Foreign Affairs
- US senate bill conditions Egypt aid on disclosure of security budget - Economy - Business - Ahram Online
- The Party Just In (and Developing) - Sada
On Morocco's PJD.
- Attempts to confuse our collective memory | Egypt Independent
- Arab secularism and its discontents | Stephen M. Walt