Still on holiday mode...
- Adam Curtis Blog: IF YOU TAKE MY ADVICE - I'D REPRESS THEM
Curtis on the British origins of repression in Bahrain
- The Kurds: Hedging their Syrian bets | The Economist
- An elusive quest for consensus | Egypt Independent
- MEI Editor's Blog: Multiple Takes on Syria
- Washington's Seamless Transition in Syria is an Illusion -- and Bad Policy
Aronson: "The regime and its opponents are locked into a race to the bottom"
- The Case for Expanding Assistance to the Syrian Opposition | RAND
RAND reason #2 for US intervention in Syria.
- Al Qaeda's War for Syria | RAND
RAND reason #1 for US intervention.
- How the urbanism of small cities helped shape the Arab uprisings | The Global Urbanist
- Pussy Riot: The Punk Band That Isn't And The Concert That Wasn't
- Fight club: A concise guide to the controversies over Egypt's new constitution - Ahram Online
- The Mirage State of Egypt - Daily News Egypt
Sandmonkey - good piece on absence of governance.
- Hague judges give go-ahead for Hariri trial - FT.com
Rather irrelevant now.
- Egypt court defers constitution decision - FT.com
- Syria’s top UK diplomat quits - FT.com
- Inside Aleppo: Rebels repulse Syrian tanks, civilians dodge shells (+video) - CSMonitor.com
Scott Peterson in Aleppo.
- كشف تحولات نجيب ساويرس | المصري اليوم، أخبار اليوم من مصر
Alaa Aswani takes down Sawiris - in a paper partly owned by Sawiris.