Also, you can watch Mohammed Morsi's interview on Charlie Rose here.
- Egypt's Salafist Nour Party racked by internecine squabbles - Ahram Online
- Syria Crisis: On The Ground In Bloody Civil War
- Will Turkey's Military Finally Get Its Act Together? - NYTimes.com
- nisralnasr: The End of Innocence
Great post on the Egyptian context of the embassy riots.
- Never Talk Back To A Saudi Judge | The Global Mail
- Egypt refers man who tore Bible to trial
- Alarm Raised Over Egypt Constitution - WSJ.com
- Abbas’ grim options | Osama Al Sharif | The Jordan Times
For a grim man.
- Iconic Israeli newspaper on the verge of collapse
re: Maariv - sad and all too frequent.
- Coptic group rejects constitutional proposal that Christians be subject to the church in family law - Ahram Online
- UK to advise Egypt on quelling Sinai militants | The Guardian
- Saudi Arabia: in a restless realm - FT.com
Last month but good piece.
- Le Figaro: ElBadarei cherche à mobiliser autour de son parti
Good piece on Destour Party's social outreach.
- A Walmart for Libya
- Smart Sanctions - By Alireza Nader | Foreign Policy
Pretty convincing argument that Obama's Iran policy is delivering.
- Interviewing Egypt's Islamist President: Answers to Reader Questions - NYTimes.com
- A Fragile Iraq Faces New Perils From Syria’s War - NYTimes.com
It just keeps getting better.
- Background Briefing on Secretary Clinton's Bilateral Meeting with Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi
- POMEPS Conversations with Joshua Stacher ~ 9.24.12
Thought full discussion by Lynch & Stacher.
- Dissent Magazine - The Flint Sit-Down Strike in Comics
By our friend Ethan Heitner.
- Syria's Dark Horses, With Lathes: Makeshift Arms Production in Aleppo Governorate, Part II - NYT
- Tunisia's Salafist Emergence Puts New Players on the Political Stage - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East
- The black swan of the Gulf | openDemocracy
- Libya Orders Unauthorized Militias to Disband - NYT
Good luck with that.
- Mali: The Need for Determined and Coordinated International Action - ICG
- Malijet - Mali: sans accord avec Bamako, les rebelles touareg menacent de s’allier aux «groupes islamistes et terroristes »
- Inside Syria: One Hospital's Story | PBS NewsHour
- Arab Spring Proves a Harsh Test for Obama’s Diplomatic Skill - NYT
Som details on Obama-Mubarak talk in Feb 2011.
- Saudi millions and special forces expertise turn Syria's rebels into a fighting force - Telegraph
- PANORAMA » Mr. President’s Circus by Jon Perkins
- Attack in Libya Was Major Blow to C.I.A. Efforts - NYTimes.com
- 5 Stories to Follow During UN Week | UN Dispatch
- Israel Minister: No Changes to Egypt Peace Deal - WSJ.com
- Saudi steers citizens away from Syrian jihad | Reuters
Make up your mind already.
- Egypt's Mursi says Iran is vital to ending Syria's crisis - Chicago Tribune
- UAE Islamist group denies reports it has an armed wing | Egypt Independent