- Egypt Reports Gains Against Militants in Sinai - NYTimes.com
- Algeria’s Bouteflika appoints allies to key ministerial roles - FT.com
- Egypt Defends Decision to Nix Al Jazeera Misr - WSJ
- Tamarod members in Beni Suef submit resignations
Wonder how much has to do with crackdown in Beni Suef
- La Stampa - Diary Of Humiliation And Faith From A Hostage In Syria
- 73% of Egyptians don't feel safe; 62% expect living conditions to improve in a year
A lot of fear, and un-meetable expectations: the take-away from a recent poll from the Baseera Center
- Tahrir Doc THE SQUARE Is A Modern Masterpiece
This doc about the Jan 25 uprising and its aftermath gets a rave review
- NOREF - Saudi Arabia and the export of religious ideologies
- Violence Reshapes Egypt's Politics - By Dina Rashed | The Middle East Channel
- Sharing my depressing thoughts on Egypt | moftasa.net
"Our attempt to stand up have showed us that we have a broken back."
- Assad supporters caught out by offer of chemical weapons concession | The National
Invaluable Phil Sands - a top reporter to watch on Syria.
- Two-State Illusion - NYTimes.com
"the fantasy that there is a two-state solution keeps everyone from taking action toward something that might work."
- Persisting Brothers | Mada Masr
Interview with Amr Darrag, Freedom and Justice Party leader who has not been charged or detained
- Egypt: Journalist and Lawyer Held in Crackdown | TIME.com
- Mission Journal: Who is a journalist in Egypt? - Committee to Protect Journalists
- Muslim Brotherhood Leader Arrests
A useful list of updated arrests and charges from the Atlantic Council
- Lawrence Durrell's Alexandria home to be demolished
The Quartet is overrated, but this is still a landmark
- Muslim Brotherhood newspaper soldiers on despite Egypt crackdown | Reuters
- Who's the next head of Hezbollah? New platform has some predictions -- FCW
- BBC News - Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood under fire over tailored language
- Egypt’s Interior Minister removes prison official after reports Islamists met in jail - The Washington Post
- The Battle of the Archives: What Egypt's Intellectuals and Muslim Brotherhood Lost : The New Yorker
- Support for el-Sisi: What’s in it for al-Saud? | Middle East Institute
- Syria: Which Way to Kurdistan? by Hugh Eakin | NYRblog
- Snowden in Exile by Amy Knight | NYRblog
- ▶ توفيق عكاشة - YouTube
In which Tawfik Okasha threatens Sheikha Moza to broadcast pics of her in a bikini.
- Al Jazeera journalists detained in Egypt
More targeting of Al Jazeera
- Ministers defend decision to order closure of Al Jazeera channel
- Press Releases 2013 | Embassy of the United States
Patterson responds to al-Ahram plot accusations
- 22 Key Points in Egypt's New Draft Constitution - Al-Monitor
- …and Sonallah Ibrahim? « Arabic Literature (in English)
Qualey responds to our post.
- Riding the Tiger - Sada
"The one indisputable victim of Rabaa al-Adawiya is therefore the democratic transition"
- Egypt’s military and its Christian citizens | Mada Masr
- The steps that Obama must now take on Syria - FT.com
- Labor politicized or politicized labor | Mada Masr
Egypt represses strikes, seeks MB links.
- Brotherhood considers recognizing 30 June's demands | Egypt Independent
- Energy groups rethink commitment to Egypt - FT.com
Debt to oil firms could be over $5bn
- AP: Cairo nighttime curfew sparks defiance and boredom
Living with the curfew
- Bloodied and bruised, Egypt's Brotherhood searches for strategy | Al Jazeera America
- Military saved us from civil war, says Salafi Dawa figure
Sheikh Yasser Borhami
- Shater’s son arrested in dawn raid
- Cairo nighttime curfew sparks defiance and boredom
What's more, they could make an exception for food delivery
- The Middle East Explained In One Excellent Letter To The Editor
- Libya has many problems – Zeidan | Libya Herald
When PM says state is disintegrating...
- Ben Ali revient... en photo sur le compte Instagram de son fils Mohammed
Ben Ali on Instagram
- Egypt’s Journalists, Still Under Siege - NYTimes.com
Ibrahim Eissa, with odd timing.
- Egypt's devastating museum looting latest casualty - Businessweek
Archaeologists rescued mummies under sniper fire from Malawi museum
- I Escaped Death in an Egyptian Police Van but Witnessed an Attempted Rape | VICE United Kingdom
Horrifying account of arrest
- ▶ سما المصرى تهدى ( قناة الجزيرة ) كليب جديد. - YouTube
Anti-Jazeera, Qatar Egyptian shaabi pop tune
- Becca Wasser: Israel and the Gulf states | IISS
- En Egypte, le pire peut commencer | Courrier international
- Algerian says Egypt will be worse than Algeria's civil war.
- Obama Officials Weigh Response to Syria Assault - NYT
"could range from a cruise missile strike to a more sustained air campaign against Syria"
- Mubarak Is Moved From Prison to House Arrest, Stoking Anger of Islamists - NYTimes.com
- Attacks Rise Against Egypt’s Christians - NYTimes.com
- A Crumbling Salafi Strategy - Sada
- Sinai’s Role in Morsi’s Ouster - Sada
- "Il faut tuer ou arrêter les leaders des Frères musulmans"
Interview with police general in Le Monde
- Video of attack on Aswan police station
- Village bloodbath highlights Egypt's new agony
- The battle of fictitious facts
- Egypt's Rulers Have a New Friend in DC: The Israel Lobby | The Cable
It's a new-old friend, actually.
- 7 Signs of the Death of Egyptian Politics | Middle East Institute
- 1001 Street Chairs of Cairo
- Muslim Brotherhood faces struggle to survive bloodshed and propaganda | The Guardian
- In turnaround, ruling Tunisia Islamists will meet rivals | Reuters
After Ghannouchi-Sebsi talks
- Is It Nuts to Give to the Poor Without Strings Attached? - NYTimes.com
Fascinating, with lessons to learn for MENA subsidies.
- Beyond the voice of battle | Mada Masr
Nice to see Jack Shenker writing about Egypt again, even if in sad circumstances.
- Opinion: In Middle East, President Obama misplays hand - Bruce W. Jentleson - POLITICO.com
One of the subtler critiques of Obama FP in MENA
- When the conscripts go home… « 3arabawy
Will they like what they see outside the army bubble?
- The Invention of Throne Day