A little Dalida nostalgia to add to your anniversary blues.
- Activist groups reject MB call to unite | Mada Masr
A (too) late apology from MB to revs.
- EU to grant Egypt €500 bn in aid | Egypt Independent
- U.S. Citizen Taken From His Apartment In Cairo By Egyptian Security Officials
- النائب العام يأمر بالتحقيق مع “بيبسي” بتهمة بث إعلانات تُحرض الشباب على التظاهر | ONA
Egypt Prosecutor orders investigation into Pepsi for ads encouraging youth to demonstrate
- Al-Qaeda made £50m from ransoms in 3 years, says British UN ambassador | Mail Online
- Priorities for Legislative Reform | Human Rights Watch
- The second death of Khaled Saeed | Mada Masr
On the eve of Jan 25, a look at the case and Facebook page that partly started it all
- Libya: Facing Economic Collapse in 2014
- EGYPT'S PRESIDENT: POLICE STATE HAS ENDED - AP
- Renowned Scholar in Egypt Charged With Espionage - NYTimes
On Emad Shahin.
- Life in the City of the Dead by Virginie Nguyen | PANORAMA
This is an amazing photo essay of the daily life of two families in Cairo
- Hammonda. »Egypt’s Salafis: ‘New Brothers’ walking a political minefield
Andrew Hammond on Nour.
- Demoted Egyptian editor bemoans lack of press freedom | Reuters
Hahaha - Salama was running insane stories, arselicking whoever was in power.
- Talk About a Dark Horse: Promoting ‘Omar Suleiman for President?
20,000 members (ironically?) support presidency of a dead man
- ٢٥ يناير ٢٠١١ (jan25_365) on Twitter
Retweets from Egypt three years ago
- Cars of Cairo
Beautiful blog on unusual cars spotted in Cairo.
- Nasawiyat | A blog on women in Egypt
New and promising blog by Nadine Marroushi
- Anthology of poems about Baghdad captures city through the ages
- With truce offer, Assad has left his regime exposed | The National
- Will Oil-Rich Libya Go Bankrupt in Less Than Four Years? | Revenue Watch Institute
- Egypte : comment l'armée a falsifié le texte de la constitution
How the Egyptian army rewrote final draft of constitution after approval.
- ISIS judge to Sinai jihadists: 'We and you are one' - Threat Matrix
- Morocco’s Slow Motion Reform Process - SWP
Slow or no motion?
- 516: Stuck In The Middle | This American Life
Featuring Sarah Carr on disillusionment in Egypt.
- Influence of moneyed elites rebounds in Egypt - The Washington Post
- Life as a Muslim Brotherhood Supporter in Egypt | VICE
- Egypt Says Twitter Post by Liberal Was Crime - NYTimes.com
The judges have it in for Hamzawy.
- The Egypt outside ‘The Square’ | Al Jazeera America
Evan Hill assesses "The Square" and the bleak "Rags and Tatters"
- ‘The Square’ is a beautiful documentary. But its politics are dangerous.
Maz Fischer overstates argument, but makes sound overall point.
- Iraqi IDPs from Fallujah fighting flock north
- West Bank mosque attack blamed on radical Israeli settlers
- Lebanese owner who died defending Kabul restaurant
- An Egyptian coup Journalist: we will slaughter Americans in the streets, in Egypt and abroad - YouTube
Mustafa Bakry promises pogrom against Americans if El Sisi is assassinated
- Here is a list of the real forces behind the violence in Iraq - Opinion - Al Jazeera English