- Satirical show on hold to prevent influencing voters - MBC - Aswat Masriya
Bassem Youssef only one with influence? What a joke.
- A Brotherhood Inquiry in Bad Faith - NYTimes
Kenan Malik on David Cameron's "investigation-for-contracts" of the MB
- The campaign to condemn the Brotherhood | ECFR
Hammond on the Saudi spin to blame MB for Islamic extremism.
- Hammonda. » The Riyadh Document: What could it mean?
On the inter-GCC negotiations.
- Absence by Sabry Khaled
Stunning photography of the families who have lost loved one in Egypt in the last 3 years
- How Egypt's Rebel Movement Helped Pave The Way For A Sisi Presidency
Lo and behold, a Tamarrod leader admits to Sheera Frenkel the group was infiltrated by security, "duped"
- From Minya, after the verdict
Great piece about the atmosphere in a town where 529 have gotten a death sentence
- We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families in Moadamiya, Syria
On the desperation in Syria and the West's collective shrug
- The Real Contest for Egypt Has Been Won, Now the Spectacle Begins » CounterPunch
- Democracy has no hope until slavery ends - FT.com
@weddady on Mauritania.
- WE ARE HAPPY FROM TRIPOLI
Unusually upbeat vision of Libya (although an entirely woman-free one)
- Egypt woman professor targets young in bid to save Brotherhood
- Artists install massive poster of child’s face in Pakistan field to shame drone operators
The child lost both parents and a sibling to a drone attack
- Egypt's constitutional cul-de-sac
Nathan Brown looks back over Egypt's painful and convoluted constitution writing process
- Patrick Seale: an appreciation | THE DAILY STAR
Michael Young, on news that Seale is very ill.
- Slain Photographer Made War's Pain Intimate
A slideshow of the beautiful work of Anja Niedringhaus, AP photographer shot in Afghanistan
- Cameron and the Muslim Brothers - FT.com
Good op-ed raising questions about public announcement of MB enquiry.
- Britain’s move on the MB: a Saudi victory
Excellent analysis of Saudi-MB relations by Andrew Hammond.
- Peter Neumann · Suspects into Collaborators: Assad and the Jihadists · LRB
- Obama Offers Assurance to Saudis on Syria Stance - NYT
Interesting details on various things.
- Fueling Egypt’s Economy - Sada
On the energy crisis.
- Egypt's Judges Join In | Foreign Affairs
Brown & Dunne on the politicisation of the judiciary.
- Exclusive: Egyptian Activist Alaa Abd El-Fattah on Prison & Regime’s "War on a Whole Generation" | Democracy Now!
Long interview with reflections on the state of Egypt.
- Égypte, la natalité repart à la hausse
On demographics in Egypt.
- Britain Orders Inquiry Into Muslim Brotherhood - NYT
- Was Mohammed Morsi Really an Autocrat? - Shadi Hamid and Meredith Wheeler - The Atlantic
- High Culture and Hard Labor
NYU professor Andrew Ross on the workers building museums and universities in the Persian Gulf
- In Egypt a cry of outrage is met with death
Good piece on one of the 529 sentenced to death
- Romancing the Throne | MERIP
Sheila Carapico on Saudi-US
- Stuck (or Not) in a "Special Relationship" | MERIP
On US-Saudi relations