- Failed Hegemons: The Middle East's Regional Powers | Raymond Hinnebusch
- Attacks in Egypt Kill 4, Including Police, Soldier - ABC News
Double suicide bombing...
- Can Secular Parties Lead the New Tunisia? - Carnegie
Odd q since two were in Troika.
- Power struggle blights Libya's chaotic main airport | Reuters
- In Egypt, Nasty Business as Usual | MERIP
- The judges behind the verdicts | Mada Masr
Important piece on the Egyptian judiciary.
- Shi'ite militias join Iraqi army to fight Sunni groups | Iraq | Worldbulletin
Tons of details here.
- Frankenstein in Baghdad wins Arab fiction prize
Creature is created from body parts of bombing victims, wreaks more havoc
- Ibrahim Eissa is “The Boss,” but at what cost?
Profile of a flip-flopping Egyptian celebrity journalist
- Arming Egypt Is Playing With Fire | David Hearst
Vague, unproven allegations on Egypt intentions in Libya
- Poppies replace tourists in Egypt's Sinai desert - CSMonitor
- MEI Editor's Blog: More Old ME Newsreels from the British Pathé Archives
- Le monde musulman, Marx et la révolution
Alain Gresh's preface to a Maxime Rodinson re-edition.
- Egypt’s military companies flirt with solar energy | Mada Masr
Interesting long report.
- Alliance to Support Legitimacy to boycott elections | Mada Masr
- 99% of terrorism eliminated, says Egypt’s interior minister | Mada Masr
- US expected to tap Iraq envoy for Cairo | The Back Channel
Richard Beecroft now rumored.
- War in Egypt's universities | Middle East Eye
- Clooney proposes to Lebanese lawyer
Proud reactions across the Arab world. The Lebanese will never stop bragging.
- Sisi's first campaign ad
In which the candidate himself doesn't deign to make an appearance
- The sound of stories - حكايات الصوت
Don't miss: this Wednesday, a conversation among musicians, journalists and broadcasters in Cairo
- Taking on Art Looters on Twitter
Focus on Monica Hanna and Minya looters.
- Six Questions for Mouin Rabbani | MERIP
On Hamas-Fatah reconciliation.
- Moroccan Exceptionalism Examined: Constitutional Insights pre- and post-2011
- Marsa Alam – Diving with Turtles in the Deep South
For those dreaming of escape.
- ‘End of the World’ Theatre in Egypt’s Desert Destroyed
- Child Street Mothers in Cairo
As mother's day approaches...
- Old Wine, Broken Bottle | OR Books
Norman Finkelstein's new book responding to Ari Shavit's defense of Zionism.
- Vow of Freedom of Religion Goes Unkept in Egypt - NYT
- Egypt issues law barring challenges to state deals
Protects dodgy deals or ends frivolous suits?
- AP source: Egypt cleared for some US military aid - WaPo
Apaches good to go.