Belated link-dump so we can clear the joke election stuff.
- Egypt 2014 Presidential Election - Google Sheets
A handy results breakdown by Evan Hill
- Ganzeer - Who's Afraid of Art?
Famous street artist labelled "terrorist"
- Egyptian Presidential Challenger Withdraws Monitors - NYT
What a disastrous election - doubt sowed on everything.
- Egypt Elections: A Message in Spoiled Ballots - WSJ
- N.Y.U. Crisis in Abu Dhabi Stretches to Wall Street
Abu Dhabi exec who runs NYU contractor accused of labor violations also on NYU board
- Workers at N.Y.U.’s Abu Dhabi Site Faced Harsh Conditions
The NYU Outpost in more hot water
- Libya’s Transition: Towards Collapse
- The Risks of Playing for Time in Algeria - SWP
- Looking Ahead to Egypt’s Uncertain Summer of Trials and Tribulations | Center for American Progress
Awad & Katulis.
- Appointment of deputy heir to throne stirs controversy in Saudi Arabia - The Washington Post
"His mother was a slave"
- EU Observation of Egypt's Elections Could Prove Costly » Muftah
- Egypt’s New Strongman, Sisi Knows Best - NYTimes
- Gallows Humor: Political Satire in Sisi’s Egypt by Jonathan Guyer
On Egyptian cartoonist and freedom of expression
- This man wants to be Egypt's next president, too -- PRI
Ursula on the campaign trail with Hamdeen Sabbahi
- Egypt seizes bomb-making material near Suez Canal
- Grading Egypt’s Roadmap Toward Democracy - Carnegie
- Gun and drug smuggling in Upper Egypt: How lawless has Egypt become?
- Australian journalist's lawyer accuses Al Jazeera of threatening outcome of case
Because of lawsuit it has filed against Egyptian government
- 40 Maps That Explain The Middle East
- Syrian Rebels Depart Homs District Under Deal
- Egyptian TV Cites ‘Simpsons’ Episode as Proof Arab Spring Was Foreign Plot
The Simpsons at their heyday, the Egyptian media at is usual
- Winners of #TheBobs14
Well-deserved award to Egyptian photographer Mosa'ab Elshamy
- Tuk tuks: Sputtering through regulations
Cool story and pics on the short-sighted policy towards this form of cheap transportation
- "You Can Watch the Circus from Your Couch" | MERIP
Wael Iskander - "Egypt is where logic comes to die"
- Fighting the last war? Civil-military relations in Egypt
FRIDE brief by Ibrahim Houdaiby.
- Report shows that Salafists, Mubaraks, not April 6 Youth Movement, receive millions in foreign funding - Ahram Online
- Personal Essay: Fighting a wrongful arrest and imprisonment in Egypt | Al Jazeera America
- Ex-General Vows to End Brotherhood if Elected - NYT
- Egypt: American on hunger strike in Cairo prison - WaPo
The Mohammed Soltan case.
- From Strongman to Superman: Sisi the saviour of Egypt | openDemocracy
- Mahmoud Darwich for ever
French translation of Darwich's "dictator's speech"
- Next-gen jihad in the Middle East | Lowy Institute
Syria, Egypt - "conditions in the region are worse than those that saw the emergence of al-Qaeda"
- Karl reMarks: The Alternative Guide To Lebanon
- Candidate for President in Egypt Tempers His Expectations
On Hamdeen Sabbahi's chances
- ماذا لو فاز حمدين؟
Shorouk editor asks state institutions to pretend to be impartial in presidential race
- Country Reports on Terrorism 2013 Middle East and North Africa Overview
- Death Stalks Muslims as Myanmar Cuts Off Aid - NYT
- A Voice of Dissent in Egypt Is Muffled, but Not Silent - NYT
Profile of Bilal Fadl
- Robert Kagan: Why the United States shouldn’t support Egypt’s ruling generals - The Washington Post
- Egyptian Governor Blames Obama for Burned Churches
Another great piece of reporting by Peter Hessler.
- Communication seeking to accept the ICC’s jurisdiction over Egypt is dismissed
Not clear whether this completely closes off recourse to ICC or just one avenue.
- Pakistan: Who’s Afraid of the ISI? by Ali Sethi | NYRblog
- Politicization of the Salafi Movement: The Emergence and Influence of Political Salafism in Egypt
- For Bassem | Mada Masr
Sarah Carr, in a beautiful essay on the meaning of Bassem Sabry's untimely death.