Long overdue links..
- French researchers finds potential ISIS sympathizers from middle-class, atheist families, 15-21, have suffered depression
- How to Politicize a Tragedy
On the Paris attacks
- What the ruins of Kobane tell us about the destruction of Syria
- Lebanon Can Survive Bombings but Not Its Own Failing State
The real threat to stability in Lebanon, by Thanassis Cambanis
- Why ISIS would attack Paris, according to an expert
- Egypt’s Nile River Delta Is Sinking Into the Sea. Poor Egypt never catches a break.
- Loubna Abidar : « Pourquoi j’ai décidé de quitter le Maroc »
- A statement by Hossam Bahgat on his military detention & interrogation
- Much Loved review – tackles sexual hypocrisy in Morocco with a battering ram
- How One Bomb Affects Egypt’s Economy
- Archaeologists To Ben Carson: Ancient Egyptians Wrote Down Why The Pyramids Were Built - Forbes
- Studying Gulf Countries, their Influence and Divides Latest column in Al Fanar by @ursulind
- Interior Ministry blames Brotherhood for Alexandria floods
- WP: Russian and Egyptian officials not to be trusted on airline crash Both are "less adept at fighting terrorism than they are at lying"
- President Sisi and David Cameron face the press
But not really. Insane press non-event during the recent visit.
- Why is Russia bombing my town?
From Kafranbel, an epicenter of the Syrian revolution
- Detained student's family requests his temporary release to attend father’s funeral
One of so many jailed in Egypt #letaymanburyhisfather
- UAE told UK: crack down on Muslim Brotherhood or lose arms deals | The Guardian
- UN Libya envoy accepts £1,000-a-day job from backer of one side in civil war
Leon to head academy for diplomats in the UAE
- The Fate of a Joke in Lebanon
Comic magazine Samandal convicted of denigrating religion
- Moving testimony from Lesvos, Greece, by Peter Wieben
- J. K. Rowling and the Prisoners of Israel
Omar Robert Hamilton eloquently defends the cultural boycott of Israel
- Kaelen Wilson-Goldie on Beirut’s Sursock Museum and Aïshti Foundation
- Why were no Syrians invited to the peace talks in Vienna?
Hannah Allam explains
- Busted: The Trial of Ahmed Naje
Egyptian novelist on trial for offending public morals
- A reporter remembers Ahmad Chalabi, the man who never ruled Iraq | McClatchy DC
Great piece by Hanna Allam
- Ahmad Chalabi, Iraqi Politician Who Pushed for U.S. Invasion, Dies at 71 - NYT
- Qatar’s New Slavery Museum
Matt Hall on an unexpected exhibit
- “Islamic State” executes more than 200 of its own militants tried to defect, a defected leading figure said | Syrian Observatory For Human Rights
- The Big Bush Question by Elizabeth Drew | The New York Review of Books
- The End of the Abbas Era « LRB blog
- Nobel Nota Bene | On Tawakkul Kamran and the Tunisian Quartet MERIP
- Downgrading U.S.-Egyptian Relations | Foreign Affairs
- From the Potomac to the Euphrates » Interest and Intrigue in Egypt’s Parliamentary Elections
- The Difference between Voting and Democracy: Egypt’s Parliamentary Race
Good analysis by Timothy E. Kaldas