- Yemen: The Houthi Enigma
- Salafists and Sectarianism: Twitter and Communal Conflict in the Middle East
- ‘ISIS: Inside the Army of Terror,’ and More
Steve Negus reviews this very good new book on ISIS, and others
- Wadha et Ibrahim Abdhalla: affreux, sales et marrants
Refreshingly off-beat portrait of Iraqi refugees
- TSA’s Secret Behavior Checklist to Spot Terrorists
Includes being nervous, being late, being arrogant, whistling, yawning, staring, gazing down...
- Gaza family 'tricked' into selling Banksy painting for $175
- Palestine ICC entry to shake up peace process
- Obama Removes Weapons Freeze Against Egypt
- Moroccan free press activist accused of adultery, given 10 month jail sentence
Another dissident framed and smeared
- Yemen and Iran: What's really going on?
Brian Whitaker tries to assess how serious alleged Iranian involvement is
- Witnesses, Who Say Police Killed Activist, Are to Be Charged in Egypt
More judicial bullying
- Diplomatie, retenue militaire et patience sont les seuls remèdes pour la Libye
Jean Marie Guéhenno and Issandr El Amrani op-ed in Le Monde.
- US Couple Spends Millions To Save Migrants In The Mediterranean
Have spent $8 million and helped 3,000 so far
- An Interior Ministry runs through it
Blogger Sarah Carr takes a Nile taxi
- Is it a coincidence that one of the world's most feminist countries is having a fight with one of its most misogynist ones?
- Reading al-Koni in English — Elliott Colla
The great Libyan writer is a Booker finalist this year
- A Policy Puzzle of U.S. Goals and Alliances in the Middle East
- Majority of Egyptians Believe Muslim Brotherhood Should Be Allowed Participation in Politics
More accurately, believe everyone should be allowed.
- Yemen becomes new front in the war between Saudi Arabia and Iran
- Road to Extremism for Tunisian Museum Gunmen Went Through Libya
Investigative report in the WSJ
- Islam’s Improbable Reformer
Portrait of Sisi by Bret Stephens, improbable journalist
- I Am Norman Finkelstein
Norman Finkelstein does Reddit's Ask Me Anything.
- Egypt enters Guinness Book of Records with 4-ton ful platter