- How to rescue Egypt - The Washington Post
Amr Hamzawy and Michael McFaul
- Saudi Arabia and UAE rethink their relationship with Egypt
- More Is Needed to Beat ISIS, Pentagon Officials Conclude - NYT
Capt. Obvious just promoted at Pentagon.
- Did the Arab uprising destroy the Muslim Brotherhood? - The Washington Post
Another good piece by Steven Brooke.
- Contrary to popular opinion, Egypt’s transition wasn’t always doomed to fail - The Washington Post
Very much agree with Michael Hanna here.
- [TIMELINE] Morocco: Political Repression in the Era of Social Media · Global Voices
- China’s Stance on East Jerusalem | MERIP
Interesting background on China's Arab policy.
- Vice Asked Refugees in Denmark to Show Their Most Valuable Possessions
Shame on Denmark
- The Future of the Arab
Ursula on the graphic novels of Riad Sattouf
- ▶ From Tahrir to London - Egyptian in Exile by Simon Hanna
Good, sad story
- Egypt TV Personalities Face Arrest for Pranking Police
- Activist stages single-person demonstration in Tahrir Square
More on the anniversary of Jan 25
- Baheyya: The Specter of January 25th
- The Politics of Protest in Tunisia
Another good paper to understands the unrest.
- POMED Backgrounder: A Trip Report from Tunisia’s “Dark Regions”)
Handy context to current turmoil
- Vladimir Putin asked Bashar al-Assad to step down - FT
He said no.
- France plans to keep state of emergency until Isis is defeated - FT
Who's in charge, François Mubarak?
- Ursula on the legacy of Fatema Mernissi, Moroccan feminist and scholar
- Egypt: who's afraid of January 25?
Random raids and arrests ahead of anniversary
- Two Sisters’ Escape From Syria
Unaccompanied and brave young women
- Egypt's MPs caught voting for each other
Parliament is off to a great start
- Staggering civilian death toll in Iraq
Over 18,000 killed, 36,000 wounded and 3 million displaced since January 2014
- Leila Alaoui, Photographer Wounded in Burkina Faso Siege, Dies at 33
- Algérie, des révélations sur le « coup d’Etat » de 1992 - Mondafrique
- Leila Alaoui, Photographer Wounded in Burkina Faso Siege, Dies at 33 - The New York Times
- What does an amended constitution really change about Algeria? - The Washington Post
Not much, says John Entelis.
- Turkish academics smeared and prosecuted for signing protest letter
- Morocco: Protests of Trainee Teachers Violently Dispersed
- Iran releases Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian in prisoner swap with US | The Guardian
- Sharing the Nile | The Economist
- Al Jazeera America shutting down
Another boom-and-bust Gulf project