We have let the blog lie fallow a little for the past month or two. Maalesh, more to come soon.
I just like the name of this hijab fashion tumblr.
- The Only Way to Solve Iraq’s Political Crisis - The New York Times
- In the Eye of the Storm: Algeria’s South and its Sahelian Borders - Carnegie
- Sinai insurgency: An enduring risk - Al Jazeera English
- On the avant-guarde Moroccan magazine Souffles
Banned 50 years ago as a threat to the state
- Giulio, the islands and national security | Mada Masr
Great piece by Khaled Fahmy.
- Egypt's Military Regime Grows More Brutal Every Day: Copts Likely To Find Persecution, Not Protection, Ahead - Forbes
- Egypt Extends Campaign Against Dissent to Turtle Bay | Foreign Policy
- Egypt's Hollowed-Out Society - The New York Times
- Sanders slams Clinton for ignoring Palestinians' needs and thinking Netanyahu is 'right all the time'
- Social sciences, most likely to expose society's blind spots, lacking at Arab universities
- This Saudi dance is all the rage in Arab world, but it could get you arrested
More war on youth
- Italian newspaper tribute to Regeni and all of Egypt's disappeared
- Israeli backing for PEN literary festival rejected in angry letter by authors
- The speech Bernie Sanders planned to give to AIPAC
- La Guerre Froide Des “Islamologues”
Kepel v. Roy.
- The Hypnotic Clamor of Morocco by Adam Shatz | The New York Review of Books
Paul Bowles' ethnomusical collection issued
- Jordan: How Close to Danger? by Joost Hiltermann | The New York Review of Books
- Online Media Expands, Digital Divide Persists
On interesting media surveys from Northwestern Qatar
- Egypt: Unprecedented crackdown on NGOs
- Tunisian Artist eL Seed Paints Manshiyat Naser With Stunning Graffiti
- This Is Why Libya Finally Cares About Migrant Smuggling - BuzzFeed News
- Kaelen Wilson-Goldie on Tamer El-Said’s In the Last Days of the City
Now I'd really like to see this
- Anatomy of an election | Mada Masr
Another epic Hossam Bahgat article on the manufacture of the "For the love of Egypt" party list.
- Moroccans protest over U.N. Ban Ki-moon's West Sahara position
- Where’s My Mercedes? Egypt’s Financial Crisis Hits the Rich - The New York Times
Declan Walsh's best piece since he's arrived in Cairo.
- Court’s Reasoning in #AhmedNaji’s Prison Sentence
Read it and weep
- Adam Shatz on "The Daoud Affair"
The Algerian writer's commentaries on the the Arab world's "sexual misery"
- Competing goals make Saudi oil policy hard to predict — FT
- Egypt Running on Empty
Great piece by Josh Stacher in MERIP
- 5 Badass Photos From Syria
Protests in cities that have been bombed and besieged
- Berbers in Morocco’s Atlas Mountains
Some beautiful images
- Restoring the world’s oldest library
- No Excuse for Domestic Violence in Morocco | Human Rights Watch