- US academic denied entry to Egypt told she was a 'problem for national security' | Middle East Eye
She was researching Bollywood.
- Fiji Pulls Some Peacekeepers From Egypt Amid Security Fears - ABC News
After recent mortar strikes on MFO.
- Egypt Muslims attack Christian woman, houses after affair rumor | Reuters
- Not Just Tech: Entrepreneurship in the Middle East - The Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy
- How big were the changes Tunisia’s Ennahda party just made at its national congress? - The Washington Post
- French Journalist Rémy Pigaglio Barred From Egypt - WSJ
- A Window Into the West Bank’s ‘Wildest, Most Violent’ Areas - The New York Times
- Erdogan’s march to absolute power has Berlin’s blessing - FT
- Rached Ghannouchi : « Il n’y a plus de justification à l’islam politique en Tunisie »
Ahead of the Nahda Congress this weekend
- Egypt’s media bill may bring demise of small, online outlets - The Washington Post
- Steel tycoon acquires ONtv from Sawiris, sparking fears for future of Egyptian TV | Mada Masr
ONtv comes under intelligence control - note Yasser Selim involvement.
- The Strange, Unending Limbo of Egypt’s Hosni Mubarak - The New York Times
- Amid Crackdown, Egypt Sentences 152 People To Prison For Protesting : NPR
Scrap that protest law.
- Engineers and Jihadists: The Curious Connection
Ursula on an interesting new study of education and extremism
- Beirut Upstarts Gain Traction in Lebanon’s Political Quagmire - NYT
- Egypt to Pay Families of 3 Mexican Tourists Killed by Military - NYT
$140,000 per victim but "no admission of guilt"
- Who becomes a terrorist, and why? - The Washington Post
An overview of the Kepel vs Roy debate.