- Revolutionary Salafism: The Case of Ahrar Movement
- Youth unemployment in Egypt: A ticking time bomb | Brookings Institution
- ‘Young, old, conservative, liberal’: Turkey in shock over journalists’ arrest | The Guardian
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s purge extends from soldiers to a stock analyst - FT
- Make Noise & Beauty on July 28, a Day of Creativity for Ashraf Fayadh – Arabic Literature (in English)
- Bets on Egypt Currency Devaluation Rise
Black market reached EGP13:$1!
- Turkish Academics Pay Harsh Penalties for the Failed Coup
A look at what is happening at universities, by @ursulind
- A reality check on the Middle East from America’s spy chief - The Washington Post
Ignatius channels Clapper.
- The Fantasy of Disengagement - The Cairo Review of Global Affairs
Blistering critique of Obama ME policy by Thanassis Cambanis.
- How Recep Tayyip Erdogan Made Turkey Authoritarian Again - The Atlantic
- RAND في الشرق الأوسط
Rand Corporation launches Arabic website
- Plongée dans les réseaux marocains de la confrérie de l’imam Fethullah Gülen | Le Desk
Interesting piece on Gulen network in Morocco.
- Sinai tells its own story | Mada Masr
- Living With Death in Baghdad - The New York Times
- Inside a Failed Coup and Turkey’s Fragmented Military
A compelling early draft of history.
- UNHCR Refugees/Migrants Emergency Response - Mediterranean
Excellent, up-to-date data and charts.
- Doctors promoting Egyptian army hepatitis cure referred to syndicate disciplinary body - Ahram Online
A scandal that it has taken two years and no senior heads have rolled.
- Message de SM le Roi au 27-ème sommet de l’Union Africaine à Kigali | Maroc.ma
Morocco asks for UA membership.
- How Turkey almost slipped from Erdogan’s grasp
Good rundown of events
- Turkey’s Last Coup: What I Saw in Ankara