- Majalla Exclusive: A Defector from the Leadership of the Islamic State Provides an Inside View of its Command Structure and Regional Ties
- First Solar Power Car in Gaza Strip - ASHARQ AL-AWSAT
To combat blockade.
- The Armed Forces' men in Sinai
- Corpse of university student surfaces in Zeinhom morgue, amid family claim of death in police custody
- “Assad or We Burn the Country”: Misreading Sectarianism and the Regime in Syria
Emile Hoyakem responds to "Cyrus Malik"
- Washington's Sunni Myth and the Middle East Undone
Second article by pseudonymous author on "Sunni myth" in Iraq/Syria. Too focused on Western narrative on the region in my view, too general on local narratives.
- Washington's Sunni Myth and the Civil Wars in Syria and Iraq
Controversial (and in many points unconvincing) article makes good point about Syria not being a conflict between Sunnis and the regime.
- Essebsi’s Power Grab Imperils Tunisia’s Nascent Democracy | Middle East Institute
Many insights in this critique of Essebsi - albeit by a former advisor to his predecessor and one-time rival.
- Turkey Invasion of Syria Highlights Shifting Alliances - SPIEGEL ONLINE
- Poker menteur au Sahara – Le Desk
Good overview of the state of the Western Sahara conflict
- Egyptian lawyer in solitary confinement for defying el-Sissi
- Apple rushes out iPhone software patch — FT
Security flaw found by UAE activist.
- Turkey in a Tailspin | Middle East Research and Information Project
- Turkey through the Looking Glass « LRB blog
- How Not to Plan for 'The Day After' In Libya - The Atlantic
- Egypt Suspends 8 Female TV Anchors, Saying They Are Overweight - The New York Times