- Democracy Digest - Newsletter on democracy developments in Arab world and elsewhere, current issue has article on MB
- BBC World Service | 'Free to Speak' Events - Is new media the only truly independent media in the Arab world today?
- GWOT: Egypt - Negar Azimi on Egypt and the "Global War On Terror"
- Islamist calls for boycott of Egypt billionaire - "An Islamist shaikh on Monday called for a boycott of the companies of telecommunications billionaire Naguib Sawiris for speaking out against the influence of Islam on public life in Egypt."
- YEARENDER: In Egypt, unrest will spill over into 2008 - corrected : Middle East World - In the last few months of 2007, Egypt has experienced a series of massive workers strikes, motivated by none other than poor standards of living and lack of privileges, foreboding the beginning of a possible "uprising" by Egypt's poor.
- Incumbent Regimes and the ?King?s Dilemma? in the Arab World: Promise and Threat of Managed Reform - Carnegie report says political stagnation seen as more likely outcome if regimes not serious about reform
- Arab Reform Bulletin: December 2007 - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Beyond the FaÃ§ade: Political Reform in the Arab World - New book by Carnegie Endowment
- Le Monde.fr : Le 10 Ã©tait parfait pour le colonel Kadhafi - On Qadhafi's visit to Paris coinciding with international human rights day
- Anthropologists on the Front Lines - TIME - TIME looks at debates in academic community about Human Terrain Teams
- The Press Association: Army chief among Beirut blast dead - Michel Suleiman successor killed
Automatically posted links for December 12th through December 18th:
Automatically posted links for November 26th:
- Ø£ÙˆÙ„ ØµØÙ�ÙŠ Ù…Ø³ÙŠØÙŠ Ù…ØµØ±ÙŠ ÙŠØ¬Ø±ÙŠ ØÙˆØ§Ø±Ù‹Ø§ Ù…Ø¹ Ù…Ø±Ø´Ø¯ Ø§Ù„Ø¥Ø®ÙˆØ§Ù† Ø§Ù„Ù…Ø³Ù„Ù…ÙŠÙ† Ù…Ù‡Ø¯ÙŠ Ø¹Ø§ÙƒÙ� - The first interview of MB Guide Mahdi Akef by an Egyptian Christian, apparently
- Foul times ahead for Egypt's bean staple - Alarmist predictions for fuul. Actually a lot comes from China nowadays, like everything else
- Why the Arab street? Ã‚ - Rami Khouri says the Arab street has changed, is essentially a mixture of nationalism and islamism, and counts for something
- International Crisis Group - Darfur?s New Security Reality - Report says Darfur situation getting worse, blames all parties, calls for sanctions all-round
- Building barriers - Great email forward about muhagaba/munaqaba-only cafÃƒÂ© - "no Xian girls allowed"
- Ghassan Charbel on Lebanon - Al Hayat - "The Lebanese formula is by all means unique. It is a Tabbouleh plate whose ingredients have to be carefully weighed. Too much bulgur and it is an indigestion. Foreign parsley ruins its pleasure. The oil and onions have to be carefully handled, and the to
- The Alliance of Egyptian Americans - New group seeks to foster democratic change
Automatically posted links for November 19th:
- Una persecucion escandalosaÂ - Spanish intellectuals speak out for Algerian dissident placed under arrest
- Am I to blame for his private war? | The Observer - A photographer and a soldier's story from Iraq
- Mideast Conference Nears, With Few Plans - washingtonpost.com - No one has any idea of what's going on with Annapolis
- Christians in Jerusalem want Jews to stop spitting on them - Love that headline
- "Viva la Revolucion" in Riyadh -- for 24 hours - Chavez in Saudi Arabia, invokes Christ, social justice. Wrong audience?