Links August 17th to August 24th
Links from my del.icio.us account for August 17th through August 24th:
- A new regional order - Haaretz - Israel News - On how Egypt and Saudi are losing relevance to Turkey and others
- Middle East Analyst - A new strategic politics of the Middle East blog
- Egypt: Deadly journey through the desert | Amnesty International - "25 people have been shot and killed – 19 men, five women and a seven-year-old girl – trying to cross the Egyptian border into Israel since mid-2007"
- The Associated Press: Egypt parliament fire fuels scorn of government - Criticism over safety standards, scorn towards parliament
- Pamela Anderson's New Man! - Marc Malkin - E! Online - Pammy seeing Emirati sheikh?
- Islamists Today: Islamists and Uses of Democracy - Khalil al-Enani on democracy (or lack thereof) in Islamist parties
- Mauritania’s Coup: Domestic Complexities and International Dilemmas - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace - Chris Boucek of Carnegie on the recent coup
- Former Egyptian ambassador to Israel makes unprecedented public comments - Bassiouni says he was spy, can't stand Israelis, etc.