Links August 24th to August 27th
Links from my del.icio.us account for August 24th through August 27th:
- EXCLUSIVE-US tax breaks help Jewish settlers in West Bank | Reuters - Donations to settler groups are tax-exempt in US: "a review by Reuters of U.S. tax records found 13 tax-exempt organisations openly linked to settlements that have raised more than $35 million in the last five years alone."
- Jimmy Carter shunted to sidelines at Democratic Convention<br><br> - Haaretz - Israel News - Ex-Prez is a pariah - could it be something he said about Israel?
- Arab diplomacy | Moderate lament | Economist.com - A sympathetic review of Marwan Muasher's new book
- Strategic shift in North Africa militancy | csmonitor.com - Recent attacks in Algeria appear to use techniques learned in Iraq
- Can military strikes destroy Iran’s gas centrifuge program? Probably not. - ISIS: "An attack on Iran’s enrichment program could not just rely on a single strike. It would need multiple strikes against many sites. Destroying Natanz and Esfahan would require far more military ordinance than that used on either reactor attacked by Israel. After such strikes, the attacker might still have little confidence that it had denied Iran the ability to produce weapon-grade uranium. It might not even have confidence that its strikes set back its enrichment program by several years, a minimum criterion often used to judge whether military strikes are a success."