Links January 1st to January 2nd
Links from my del.icio.us account for January 1st through January 2nd:
- Rutherford, B.K.: Egypt after Mubarak: Liberalism, Islam, and Democracy in the Arab World. - New book on Egypt.
- Robert Fisk: The rotten state of Egypt is too powerless and corrupt to act - Robert Fisk, Commentators - The Independent - Something is rotten in the state of denial... But Fisk brings out a stupid argument that it#039;s all about the Western aid to Egypt. It#039;s not: it#039;s about US ability to destabilize domestic power structures as well as what the regime perceives as its security interests.
- Egypt FM: Hamas gave Israel the excuse to launch Gaza attacks - Haaretz - Israel News - Egypt takes up Israel#039;s talking points.
- Gazans head home as Egypt blocks supplies - #039;Ebb...
- How Hamas is altering Israeli politics - Yahoo! News - Likud losing out to warmongering Kadima and Labor.
- Special spin body gets media on message, says Israel | World news | The Guardian - Israel#039;s spin unit.
- International Crisis Group - B25 Palestine Divided - Report provides background of Hamas-Fatah split, before current crisis.