Links March 19th to March 20th
Links from my del.icio.us account for March 19th through March 20th:
- Rights group names 1,417 Gaza war dead - More ethnic cleansing.
- Palestinians accuse Israel of 'ethnic cleansing' - "JERUSALEM (AFP) – The Palestinian Authority accused Israel on Thursday of "ethnic cleansing" after it delivered dozens of eviction orders to residents of annexed, mostly Arab east Jerusalem."
- How IDF troops 'infiltrated alleged Syria nuke site' - Haaretz - Israel News - Report alleges Syria did have nuclear program.
- My Occupation's Known, but Not Why I Occupy - Eric Martin criticizes the COINheads as not being merely advocates of an operational doctrine that is dissociated from the strategic and political aspects of war, including the decision to go to war. I've had the exact same argument with Abu Muqawama on more than one occasion, and look for his reply to this American Footprints post.
- Nobody's client: the reawakening of Iraqi sovereignty by Lydia Khalil - Lowy Institute for International Policy Publication - "In a new Lowy Institute Analysis, Lydia Khalil explores the growing confidence of Iraq's government under Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki.
In 'Nobody's client: the reawakening of Iraqi sovereignty', Khalil describes the major shift that has taken place in Iraq's relationship with the United States and how today Baghdad is pursuing its own interests with much less regard for Washington's desires."
- Stop this nonsense « - My marathon argument about Islam, Downtown bars, Western journalism and Egypt with Rob of Arabic Media Shack.