Links March 3rd to March 4th
Links from my del.icio.us account for March 3rd through March 4th:
- International Crisis Group - The ICC Indictment of Bashir - Smart commentary on Bashir indictment: use it to change Khartoum's policy, not just to seek revenge against Bashir.
- Darfur: ICC Moves Against Sudan’s Leader | Human Rights Watch - ICC issues warrants for Sudan's Bashir... thoroughly deserved. Can't wait for the ones on Livni, Barak, Olmert, Bush, Clinton, Blair, and others.
- U.S. Sends Senior Officials to Syria To Revive Relations - washingtonpost.com - Fertman, Shapiro to Damascus.
- William Dalrymple charts Pakistan's descent into chaos | World news | The Guardian - "Eight years of neocon foreign policies have been a spectacular disaster for American interests in the Islamic world, leading to the advance of Hamas and Hezbollah, the wreckage of Iraq, with more than two million external refugees and the ethnic cleansing of its Christian population, the rise of Iran as a major regional power, and now the implosion of Afghanistan and Pakistan, probably the most dangerous development of all."
- Galloway's Gaza mission runs into protests | World news | The Guardian - "Some activists are claiming that Galloway was allowing the aid convoy to be used as a propaganda stunt by a repressive government. Hossam el-Hamalawy, a prominent opposition blogger, labelled Viva Palestina an "ass-kissing carnival"."
- Israel to present Clinton with 'red lines' on talks with Iran - Haaretz - Israel News - Israel imposes its conditions on the US for Iran dialogue.