Links for April 14th
Links from my del.icio.us account for April 14th:
- abu muqawama: The Regionalization of Hizballah - Abu Muqawama thinks Hizbullah has overreached.
- Lebanese Chess: Egypt's Hizballah paranoia - "Is Hizballah trying to destablise Egypt? No, I don't think so, and I believe the Egyptians know that too. What bothers Mubarak, however, is that Hizballah can destabilise Egypt, and have the team already placed on Mubarak's turf, awaiting the orders."
- The Bush Six to Be Indicted - The Daily Beast - In the Spanish judicial system: "[US Attorney General Alberto] Gonzales, Federal Appeals Court Judge and former Assistant Attorney General Jay Bybee, University of California law professor and former Deputy Assistant Attorney General John Yoo, former Defense Department general counsel and current Chevron lawyer William J. Haynes II, Vice President Cheney’s former chief of staff David Addington, and former Undersecretary of Defense Douglas J. Feith—are accused of having given the green light to the torture and mistreatment of prisoners held in U.S. detention in “the war on terror.”"
- Lebanese ex-general accused of spying for Israel - Part of a wider campaign to unroot Lebanese spying on Hizbullah: "The security official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case, said the retired general told interrogators he had worked for Israel for more than 10 years and regularly met with his Israeli contacts at European destinations. He also allegedly used the business he owned, which managed foreign domestic workers, as a cover for intelligence work, the official said."
- IFEX :: Journalist Roxana Saberi charged with spying for the United States - "Washington - April 9, 2009 - Freedom House is deeply concerned by reports that an Iranian judge has charged Iranian-American journalist Roxana Saberi with spying for the United States and calls for her immediate release. Saberi's case is expected to go to trial next week, although her lawyer has yet to see the indictment that was handed down yesterday."
- Why the Maghreb matters - Report on US policy in the Maghreb, advocacy.
- The Associated Press: Egypt says 10 Lebanese hiding in Sinai - More Hibzullah operatives on the loose?
- Daily News Egypt - Ayman Nour And Gamila Ismail Undone - On the Nour-Ismail divorce.
- Video: Obama's war: Afghanistan's failing army | World news | guardian.co.uk - US Marines frustrated with poor training of Afghan soldiers who take hashish breaks.
- Speaking about Violating Our borders and Our Sovereignty - Zeinobia: "DO NOT BLAME NASRALLAH , BLAME WHOEVER MADE US A WEAK NATION WITH NO SOVEREIGNTY"