Links April 14th to April 15th
Links from my del.icio.us account for April 14th through April 15th:
- Jordan convicts three Hamas militants who operated in country - Haaretz - Israel News - More closing in on Hamas.
- Going Down The Rabbit Hole | GOOD - Cool: "By the late 2020s, nanobots in our brain (that will get there noninvasively, through the capillaries) will create full-immersion virtual-reality environments from within the nervous system"
- The Age of Nasrallah « Qifa Nabki - On the Hizbullah leader's impact.
- Drug barons face off Lebanese army - The National Newspaper - Drug barons, Hizbullah, the Lebanese army and Emad Mughniyeh's son.
- Tony Blair wins million-dollar prize for global leadership | Politics | guardian.co.uk - From Israeli foundation. Tony Blair is on the world stage what he was as PM: corrupt and easily bought.
- » Egypt, Iran, the United States: All politics is local Middle East Strategy at Harvard - Michele Dunne on the strategic context of the Egypt-Hizbullah affair.
- Saudis set aside $800m for foreign food - More Saudi agro-business in the Third World.
- Informed Comment: 25 Gays Killed in Iraq; <br> Broad Trends against Human Rights Disturbing - Juan Cole on trend against minorities including gays, a cartoonist critical of Malaki, journalists and other govt critics.
- 'Europe won't accept Israel shirking peace commitments' - Haaretz - Israel News - Let's see some substance behind that statement: freeze the Advanced Status talks and impose trade penalties for settlement expansion.
- Saudis ban 'lewd' number plates - "Saudi Arabia has banned vehicle number plates which are seen as "offensive" in English when Arabic letters are given in the Latin alphabet, reports say. Saudi newspaper al-Watan said the banned words included "sex" and "ass", but the list was topped by "USA"."