Links for May 5th
Links from my del.icio.us account for May 5th:
- Al Jazeera English - Americas - UN slates Israel Gaza 'attacks' - "A total of 53 installations used by the United Nations Relief and Works agency (UNRWA) were damaged or destroyed during Israel's Gaza campaign, including 37 schools - six of which were being used as emergency shelters - six health centres, and two warehouses, the UN agency said."
- BBC Book Club: Nawal al-Saadawy - Interview with Nawal al-Saadawy, on her books, feminism, her life, etc. focusing especially on her novel "Woman At Point Zero." [MP3]
- INTERVIEW-Nascent Egypt opposition group seeks regime change | Reuters - This article makes the 6 April Facebook group look like a serious political movement. It isn't.
- Hamas Head, Meshal, Says Rocket Strikes on Israel Have Halted - NYTimes.com - NYT interviews Meshaaal, who reiterates 10-year truce based on 1967 lines proposal. It's sad to see he can't go beyond this 10-year business, based on Islamic legal tradition. But it should be noted that this is further than Israel has gone.
- FT.com / Books / Essays - The road to the republic - Review of books on Iran.