Links May 7th to May 8th
Links from my del.icio.us account for May 7th through May 8th:
- FT.com / Middle East - US supports Syria-Israel pact - "The US will support efforts to broker peace between Syria and Israel as part of a broader solution to the Middle East’s problems, a senior state department official said on Thursday, as the Obama administration accelerated efforts to engage its traditional foes."
- Middle East Report Online: The Shi‘a of Saudi Arabia at a Crossroads by Toby Matthiesen - Fascinating.
- Arab Reform Bulletin - Will the Muslim Brotherhood Run in 2010? - On the MB in Egypt, but I think it exagerates the likelihood of the MB not running. There is a political group committed to electoral politics in the MB, even if there are also those who think this is a mistake. Of more concern is whether the govt. will act the same way towards MB as it has done in recent elections.
- Arab Reform Bulletin - The Long-Delayed Hope for Fatah’s Rebirth - On Fatah's inner divisions, if it should hold a congress. Which is why it won't.
- Arab Reform Bulletin -An Election to Consolidate the Coup - On next month's presidential election in Mauritania.