Links October 1-4 2010
Also check out Matt Taibbi's piece on the Tea Party crowd.
- Mohammed VI provoque l’Algérie - El Watan
Morocco vs. Algeria, the battle of moronic propaganda.
- Reform in Saudi Arabia: At a snail's pace | The Economist
- Reflections on al-Maqdisi’s Arrest — jihadica
On Jordanian fundie Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi.
- "I would vote for separation," says South Sudan President Salva Kiir - Sudan Tribune
- Pollard 2 – A Brief Comment
"Six feet long, six feet wide, and ten feet tall - that is the space the Pollard stolen documents occupies to this day."
- Obama uses Weekly Address to lobby for Israeli firm BrightSource
- Book Review - A Privilege to Die
Joe Klein reviews Thanassis Cambanis' book on Hizbullah.
- The Saturday Profile - Syrian Actress, Igraa, Tests Boundaries Again - NYTimes.com
All kinds of alerts go off while reading this article.
- White House pressed on Egyptian democracy - POLITICO.com
But since group includes Elliott Abrams, can't be taken seriously.
- How Mr. Obama can help foster democracy in Egypt
Op-ed backs WH call for int. monitors. But is that the solution?
- By Royal Design - NYTimes.com
A Saudi princess invests in fashion.
- The Palestine Poster Project Archives
- Un militant tunisien des droits de l'homme refoulé du Maroc - LeMonde.fr
- A New Low in Middle East Diplomacy | Stephen M. Walt
Money for nothing...
- No love for Muslims, unless they're Palestinian - Haaretz
Benny Morris on Christopher Hitchens — just bizarre.
- FT.com / Telecoms - Row escalates over Orascom Algeria unit
Algeria, the mafia state.
- FT.com - Once-fertile Gulf proves a fundraising desert
Can you blame them?
- Brownbook magazine
New lifestyle/design mag from Dubai.