Links for April 29 - May 1 2010
A friend sent this picture, which is quite funny:
Here are the links:
- Why Aren’t Democracy Dissidents as Famous as Their Predecessors?
Good question from POMED. I suspect, for some, because they're Arab.
- Philip K. Dick’s ‘Exegesis’ Will Receive Two-Volume Release - ArtsBeat Blog - NYTimes.com
- PRC Report on Israeli Mass Expulsion
Israel's ethnic cleansing plans.
- AFP: US, Egypt negotiate Mideast nuclear-free zone: report
Wow. I'd like to see that.
- Lessons from a Syrian Drug Bust - WSJ.com
It's not often you see the WSJ and AEI praise Syria.
- Clinton: Syria's provocations may plunge Middle East into war - Haaretz - Israel News
Even though US intelligence officials say no scuds. Pandering to a Zionist audience?
- Israeli officials: Obama to call world summit if Mideast peace talks fail - Haaretz - Israel News
If = when.
- New Sahel-Saharan joint military command opens in Algeria (Magharebia.com)
Chasing AQIM in the desert.
- FT.com / Middle East - Morocco counts cost of recession overseas
Slowdown in remittances.
- Egyptian law gives fanatics free rein | Brian Whitaker | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
On the 1001 nights ban.
- Shell drafted letter Tony Blair sent to Gaddafi while Prime Minister - Times Online
Tony Blair, lobbyist (while PM)
- Minority Report
Zionist rag TNR's take on HRW's Israel problem.