Links for August 21-28 2010
Few links this week as we were traveling...
- Hudson Inst primary financial backer of NGO behind campaign to purge Israeli universities of “leftists” « Coteret
For neocons, Israel or America, same difference.
- The Internet's Secret Back Door
How Etisalat has snooping powers.
- Morocco's Burgeoning Musical Scene | The Middle East Channel
Nayda is not really movida.
- Gamal Mubarak’s non-campaign | Al-Masry Al-Youm
My latest column.
- Is the Middle East becoming a clean-energy mecca? - By Eric Lukas | The Oil and the Glory
Nuclear and renewable energy on the rise.
- Al-Qaida in Yemen: Poverty, corruption and an army of jihadis willing to fight | The Guardian
Ghaith Abul-Ahad reports.
- The "Peace Process" is Still Going Nowhere | Stephen M. Walt
Because the Israelis have no interest in peace.
- Wafd Party president buys Al-Dostour newspaper | Al-Masry Al-Youm
- Egyptians prepare for life after Mubarak - The Independent
I'm preparing for life after Robert Fisk. Riddled with errors.
- Demagoguing the Mosque by Ron Paul
"This is all about hate and Islamaphobia."
- Congratulations to the Brotherhood | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Magdi Gallad on the MB soap opera.
- The Sinai riddle: Security or development? | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Great reporting by Lina Attalah.
- The Magnes Zionist: Islamophobia as the New Antisemitism
"Using the term "New Antisemitism" to describe this bigotry is much more appropriate than using it to describe anti-Zionism or anti-Israelism; the latter often have nothing to do with anti-Semitism, and when they do, it is with the old anti-Semitism."