Links 19 March 2011
- Libya unrest: Nato military strength in the Mediterranean | World news | guardian.co.uk
- Unbelievable racism, hate-talk, from PM Sharon’s son
Sharon's son says Palestinians are wild beasts.
- Confronting Gadhafi Is Not Enough - WSJ.com
The balls that Tony Blair has, talking about morals in foreign policy. He makes his priorities clear: "Some of those wanting change want it precisely because they regard the existing regimes as not merely too oppressive but too pro-Western, and their solutions are a long way from what would provide modern and peaceful societies."
- M. le Ministre, de quoi je me mêle?! - Lakome.com
A Moroccan reacts to French defense of the Moroccan monarchy.
- Obama's multilateral march to war: strategic choice or rushed improvisation? - By Colum Lynch | Turtle Bay
Does it matter?
- Le Figaro - International : La campagne libyenne de Bernard-Henri Lévy
How BHL became France's second foreign minister and moved Sarkozy towards war with Libya. This is unreal.
- التعذيب عندهم... واحنا ضدهم | قوة العمل لمناهضة التعذيب
Egyptian anti-torture site details army abuses.
- The NPR ‘emergency’ - The Washington Post
Republican budget-balancing: cut $5m in NPR funding, approve $10bn per month in Afghanistan spending. All in a day's work.
- إستفتاء.مصر - الرئيسية
Website of the Egyptian government on the constitutional referendum.
- YouTube - اخبار اليوم الرابع للثورة السورية من قناة الجزيرة
Jazeera report on protests at the Ummayad mosque in Damascus.
- VIDEO – Protests in Syria « 3arabawy
- Libya: Moammar Kadafi's harsh tactics embolden other regimes - latimes.com
The regimes are learning too as the Arab uprisings spread.
- Unrest Poses New Challenge for Syria - WSJ.com
At least two dead, statues of Assad attacked.
- The footage that reveals the brutal truth about Bahrain's crackdown - Middle East, World - The Independent
Patrick Cockburn runs through a video that shows an unarmed man being executed.