Links 25 March 2011
- Egypt’s First Vote by Yasmine El Rashidi | NYRBlog | The New York Review of Books
- Hillary says that Moroccan autocracy is a democratic model
- Gates realizes that there are only three authoritarian regimes in the whole Middle East
- Libye, au cœur de la galaxie des fidèles de Mouammar Kadhafi
- Hosni Mubarak's Shadow Still Falls on Much of Egypt - NYTimes.com
Erasing Hosni from history.
- FT.com / Columnists / Lina Saigol - Gulf’s wealthy move more capital offshore
- FT.com / Why the military is right to fret over Libya
"Far from wanting him to find every door closed around the world, Washington and London are eager that some country should be identified that will grant him a haven: “We don’t want a cornered rat,” in the words of a British player, “we want a rat with somewhere to run to.”"
- Qatar's decision to send planes to Libya is part of a high-stakes game | The Guardian
- Yemen President Saleh Nears Deal to Resign - WSJ.com
And Gen. al-Ahmar too.
- Sudan: The SPLM in the North
- What is Mohammed’s last name?
The NYT's missing driver.
- Five years after publication of ‘The Israel Lobby,’ I’m still grateful
- Israeli Foreign Ministry sent ‘spy’ to report on Gideon Levy speech in Dublin
Reminiscent of what Arab regimes do.
- Haredi parents marry off 13-year-old daughter as 'penance' for flirtations
- Social science and the Libyan adventure
Walt on liberal interventionism
- Wikileaks: Feltman: "...An unrelentingly bleak evening..."
- All-American Torture « LRB blog
On Bradley Manning
- A wee oversight: sanctions cut rebels cash, access to arms
- The Qaddafi I Know: The Good, the Bad, and the West’s Ugly Intervention - By Yoweri Museveni | Foreign Policy
Fascinating and funny.
- Turkish Leaders: ".. The aim [of the air campaign] is not the liberation of the Libyan people.."
- "..Act quickly to punish Mr. Assad's behavior .."
Congressmen want Obama to be tough on Syria. Will they say the same about Saudi?
- High Anxiety - By Toby C. Jones | Foreign Policy
On Saudi Arabia and the popular revolts.