Links 28 March 2011
- Alexandria torturers to remain in service
More piggipedia from Hossam.
- 10 points
He makes good points, the Sandmonkey does.
- Syria's Assad No Longer in Vogue | Foreign Affairs
I never thought I'd see a reasonable piece on Syria by Tony Badran.
- Demain | le Journal de l'info, du débat et de l'humour
Return of a bad boy of Moroccan journalism.
- Le jour où Mohamed VI a failli se débarrasser de ses chefs militaires | Demain
N'importe quoi... (too bad they start off with this)
- Odyssey Dawn, Unified Protector? Here’s what it means… « EUCOMversations
SACEUR has a blog!?!
- Tahrir Squared
Nicely designed website rounds up Arab revolt news.
- Tahrir Documents
Cool website collecting docs of Egypt's revolution.
- No Right of Return « LRB blog
- Mighty Israel and its quest to quash Palestinian popular protest - Haaretz
- Libya’s Rebels and the War on Qaddafi : The New Yorker
Finally some info on these people.
- Amr Moussa denies calling Qadhafi a 'donkey' | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Headline of the day.
- A state of counter-emergency | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
Against the decree banning strikes and demos.
- Social Media Sites Face Quandary Over Activists’ Use - NYTimes.com
On Hossam Hamalawy's Flickr ordeal.
- Libya: a legitimate and necessary debate from an anti-imperialist perspective
Gilbert Achcar on why he backs intervention in Libya
- FT.com / Global insight - Syrians see through ruling family’s rhetoric
Interesting to see Rami Makhlouf targeted.
- FT / Bleak history lessons for Libya’s future
- Turkey offers to broker Libya ceasefire as rebels advance on Sirte
- Libya: Woman allegedly raped by militia has been freed, says regime