Links 7 March 2011
- US group fights ban on Israel 'war crime' bus ads (AFP)
"The Seattle Mideast Awareness Campaign (SMAC) vowed to pursue a lawsuit, despite a judge's refusal to force officials who run the bus system in Seattle and surrounding suburbs to allow the posters to be displayed."
- Private Eye | Official Site
The Tories and Bahrain's al-Khalifas.
- Free of Qaddafi, Town Tries to Build New Order - NYTimes.com
- William Hague approved botched Libya mission, PM's office says | World news | guardian.co.uk
Why did they need to sneak in when Benghazi port is rebel-controlled and open?
- M of A - Libya - A Tribal Insurrection
Interesting map on this post but I would not be so quick to assert it's all about tribalism.
- Libya: Raw Numbers on Foreign (Sub-Saharan African) Nationals « Sahel Blog
- The Israeli occupation echoes from Cairo - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
Interesting article by Amira Hass on her experience not being able to interview Egyptians.
- IRAN: Tehran residents speak up about protests and opposition movement | Babylon & Beyond | Los Angeles Times
An interesting sampling of views on the protests in Iran.
- China Tracks Foreign Journalists
"The spread of revolution in the Middle East has prompted Chinese authorities to begin tracking and detaining foreign reporters in the same manner as political dissidents."
- Reform and Revolution in the Middle East : The New Yorker