Links 12 April 2011
- US lawmakers say timing bad for Egypt debt relief | Al-Masry Al-Youm
- More journalists held in Libya; blogger jailed in Egypt - Committee to Protect Journalists
- Qatar, trading houses doing oil deals with Libya
- gulfnews : Putting an end to one-party rule in Syria
Details on a planned political pluralism law.
- The Republic of Fear - Newsweek
- The Army vs. the People?: A Democracy Now! Special Report from Egypt
By @anjucomet: The Army vs. the People?: A Democracy Now! Special Report from Egypt
- Moussa to get help from NDP members in presidential campaign | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
This is smart, others should do same RT @AlMasryAlYoum_E: Moussa to get help from NDP members in presidential campaign
- Angry Arabiya: Letter to President Obama
Letter to Obama from Bahrain's Zainab al-Khawaja, aka @angryarabiya
- #Jan25 #Tahrir #Egypt: SCAF, the movie..
#SCAF to #Egypt: "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth."
- من القوات المسلحة للاعلام | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
#Egypt Supreme Council instructs media and others to go through military censor before publishing (via @monasosh)
- Understanding Syria's unrest
An on-the-ground article on Syria
- A Haphazard Constitutional Compromise - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
#Egypt: A Haphazard Constitutional Compromise: Nathan Brown for Carnegie
- Hosni Mubarak hospitalised - Middle East - Al Jazeera English
Hosni Mubarak hospitalised: Former Egyptian president taken to hospital in Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Shaikh.
- Rise Of Egypt - Zawya
HSBC says Egypt will be world's 19th economy in 2050.
- The specter of Egypt's colonial interior | Al-Masry Al-Youm
On politics and the neglected Egyptian countryside.
- Egypt: Egyptian protesters increasingly disenchanted with military - latimes.com
Good take on the military-protestors standoff.
- How to help Libya - Opinion - Ahram Online
How to Help Libya, by Lisa Anderson
- La République se vit à visage découvert | La Loi
Website of the French government for new law against niqab. Howe weird.
- Joe Lieberman’s Toilet Radio Interview (Audio) | Firedoglake
First Avigdor, now Joe flushes the toilet while live on radio RT @benjaminja: It must be a "Lieberman" thing --
- Moussa Koussa to leave Britain | World news | The Guardian
Moses Courgette headed to Doha “@ian_black: Moussa Koussa to leave Britain
- Daughter of jailed Bahraini goes on hunger strike - Forbes.com
Daughter of Jailed Bahraini Goes on Hunger Strike AP
- The north Caucasus: From Moscow to Mecca | The Economist
From Moscow to Mecca: As the north Caucasus frays, fundamentalist Islam takes a stronger hold
- مدونة مصرية لحقوق الإنسان: Letter from Army to Egyptian Newspapers: Not to Publish Any Content About the Military
R @Sarahcarr Army told press in February to ask permission before publishing anything about the army #SCAF #Jan25
- Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Great pic of Tunisian flag kite flying over mugamma and Midan tahrir by @Sarahcarr
- The Arab spring: protest, power, prospect | openDemocracy
Open Democracy roundtable on the Arab Spring and the role of Islamist movements:
- Untitled (http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/396661)
Mubarak and sons officially asked to testify, says minister #Mubaraks #Court #Egypt
- Mubarak branded a ‘subtle actor’ - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
the alliance of egyptian revolutionaries denounce mubarak, branding him a 'subtle actor': #jan25 #egypt
- Gulf Daily News » Local News » Former MP's Hamad Town residence attacked
Meanwhile, the house of a former Bahraini MP from Wefaq has been firebombed:
- YouTube - الجيش ينفى اى ضغوط سعودية
So arrest him “@abeerallamFT: #Egypt army says no #Saudi pressure to get Mubarak of the hook via RT @HassanShobokshi”
- Egypt army sets new limits on free speech - HRW | News by Country | Reuters
egypt sets new limits on free speech: #jan25 #tahrir