Above, Khaled, father of four children and a teacher, has been missing since he made this interview with foreign journalists on March 11th in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Support Iraqi protesters in the Great Iraqi Revolution
Iraqi movement FB page.
- Popular Protests in North Africa and the Middle East (III): The Bahrain Revolt - ICG
Says best move would be withdrawal of Saudi forces, change of US policy - but why not as recommendations?
- Politics and Transition in the New South Sudan - ICG
Report says SPLM must open political space, reform.
- Révision constitutionnelle - Larbi
PDFs of major party statements on Morocco's constitutional reform.
- March 9 Movement criticizes campus security restrictions
egypt's march 9 movement, advocate of academic freedom, criticizes recently imposed campus security restrictions: #jan25
- Brother-tarianism | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Khalil al-Enani on the MB's authoritarianism.
- The Brotherhood on the edge of reform | Al-Masry Al-Youm
- Feuding Brothers - By Ed Husain | Foreign Policy
A bad piece. What's "suburban"? What does "engagement" mean? DC-centric.
- Mer-Khamis and binational resistance movement - Haaretz
- Massive sit-in at Egypt military factory - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
Massive sit-in at Egypt military factory via @ahramonline
- Untitled (http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/386881)
Maria Golia on Egypt's Forgotten Fellahin:
- Des mercenaires bilorusses combattraient aux cts de Kadhafi - LeMonde.fr
Le Monde article says Kaddafi quotes Kosmomolskaia Pravda: Kaddafi has byelorussian mercenaries via @k_thos #Libya
- Bahrain's Base Politics | Foreign Affairs
Bahrain's base politics, by Alex Cooley and Dan Nexon
- EU: Approval of East Jerusalem settlement expansion is deeply disappointing - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
What a joke. EU's Ashton does everything to pander to Israel, and then is "disappointed" with predictable results
- Time’s Up, Qaddafi - NYTimes.com
US envoy to negotiate with Qadhafi suggests Seif should stay.
- Salafists' wrath turns violent - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
- Commentary: Saudi Arabia on the Brink | The National Interest
The National Interest: #Saudi Arabia on the Brink By former CIA analyst Bruce Riedel
- Israel bans 700 goods from entering Gaza - Region - World - Ahram Online
Israel bans 700 goods from entering Gaza via @ahramonline
- Ikhwanweb: Sources Confirm Former IM Adly Directly Listened in on officials
- Untitled (http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/388981)
In torture related charges. RT @Sarahcarr: Court rules against MOI in 13 civil compensation cases
- «Fissures», Tanger imminent | Next
Hicham Ayouch's new film, set in the great but troubled city of Tangier.
- تحقيقات النيابة فى قضية شهداء السويس: (مباحث المرافق) أطلقت الرصاص على مواطن داخل مسجد ومنعت إسعافه - بوابة الشروق
Suez police shot in the heart a protestor hiding in a mosque then refused to let ppl give him 1st aid #jan25
- Colony Capital Persists in Betting on the Middle East - NYT
- Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood to Rejoin Protests - WSJ.com
Good piece retracing MB moves, divisions.
- YouTube - Zahi Hawass interview (BBC)
Zahi recites a paean to Hosny. Someone get this man out.
- Deaths in Port Sudan air strike - Al Jazeera English
- Update on Bahrain
Sad news of a terrible crackdown.
- Juliano, mourned
Palestinians mourn assassinated theater director.
- Egypt: Drop Charges Against Blogger Critical of Military | Human Rights Watch
HRW: Drop Charges Against Blogger Critical of Military. This trial sets a dangerous precedent
- As quiet returns, Syrians ponder the future
Interesting how some cities revolted and not others. All politics are local?
- Okay ... So it's Panetta as Sec-of-Def, could it be Petraeus to CIA fer sure?