Once again, I was traveling last week so links were fewer. Also, for the past month or so I have integrated tweets into the links (it allows me to collect links from multiple sources more easily.) This makes the links sometimes messier. Does anyone mind? A design refresh will take place this summer when I look at these issues, suggestions on links and other questions welcome. Am thinking of moving towards a more date-centered, Instapundit-like or Daring Fireball-like format that will show case the content of links more (i.e. there will be more content on the home page, but only full posts will have their own headlines). Don't worry, the links wrap-up will also be there, perhaps in the form of the "daily wraps" that Andrew Sullivan uses.
- Many wounded as Moroccan police beat protestors | Reuters
- Ennahar Online - Morocco: The government accuses the Islamists of "manipulating" the youth
#Morocco The government accuses the Islamists of manipulating youth Didn't Mubarak, Gaddafi & Assad say this too?
- Log In - The New York Times
European Union Puts Sanctions on Syrian Leader -
- Untitled (http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/448874)
Arab princes offer to pay Mubarak’s hospital bill #Arab #Mubarak
- Police officer coerces families of martyrs, claims rights group
Police officer coerces families of martyrs, claims rights group #fb
- Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
CNN interview w/psychologist about horrifying accounts from victims raped by Gaddafi forces #libya #feb17
- Democratizing the New Egypt: An Essay on Military Detentions in Egypt
- Apache helicopters to be sent into Libya by Britain | World news | guardian.co.uk
Britain to send Apaches into Libya
- Let's call Russia's bluff on Syria | Carne Ross | Comment is free
The UN and "Libya hangover."
- Morocco: Escalation in Regime Response to Protests | Project on Middle East Democracy (POMED)
Blog: Escalation in Moroccan Regime Response to Protests
- Untitled (http://www.aawsat.com/details.asp?section=4&article=623070&issueno=11864)
Tunisian opinion poll: 30% support al-Nahda (Islamists), 29% leftist party, 11% liberal party (Ar)
Quel contenu economique pour la nouvelle constitution ? Par Najib Akesbi #maroc #dostor
- Tear down this wall, President Assad by David W. Lesch | The Middle East Channel
Bashar al-Asad's biographer tells him that it's time to tear down his police state
- Gunbattles Erupt in Yemen After Saleh Refuses Exit - WSJ.com
Gunbattles Erupt in Yemen After Saleh Refuses Exit - WSJ.com
- Steven A. Cook: From the Potomac to the Euphrates » Blog Archive » The Struggle for Egypt
"The Struggle for Egypt." Coming to bookstores (if there are any left) soon.
- Bin Laden Raid in Pakistan Shows New Trust Between CIA, U.S. Special Forces - WSJ.com
RT @jihadeffect: Great article from the WSJ on mil-intel dynamics and the policy process that led to UBL raid:
- Egypt military accuses foreign elements of instigations | Al-Masry Al-Youm
"Foreign Agendas Part II"
- Thanassis Cambanis » The Shiny New Muslim Brotherhood
MB's new building is fugly.
- BBC News - Libya: 'Forced to rape in Misrata'
- How can a book fair make Saudi Arabia 'guest of honour'? | Books | guardian.co.uk
- Rannie Amiri: The Shia Crescent Revisited
This is bizarrely sectarian take against sectarianism, implying Shiism is more anti-despotic than Sunnism. Not that simple.
- Western media fraud in the Middle East - Al Jazeera English
- THE GEOPOLITICAL BATTLE FOR THE ARAB STREET
The view from Iran.
- Storm Over Syria by Malise Ruthven | The New York Review of Books
- Awakening, Cataclysm, or Just a Series of Events? Reflections on the Current Wave of Protest in the Arab World
- Police officers attacked in three governorates | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
Police officers attacked in three governorates #Egypt #Police
- Syria and the region: What happens if Assad goes? | The Economist
#Syria and the region: What happens if Assad goes? | The Economist via @theeconomist
- Where was passion, purpose, plan? - CNN.com
- Mauritania’s Days of Rage
- Late blossoming of Arab Spring among Palestinians | Jews for Justice for Palestinians
Late blossoming of Arab Spring among Palestinians
- AUC to publish book written by ex-first lady | Al-Masry Al-Youm: Today's News from Egypt
AUC to publish book written by ex-first lady suzanne mubarak: #jan25 #egypt
- (403) http://www.jihadica.com/sayf-al-adl-and-al-qaidas-historical-leadership/
Interested in Sayf al-Adl? Read Vahid Brown at Jihadica:
- George Mitchell resigned over Dennis Ross’s bias to Israel, hatred for Palestinians: Abu Sharif - Region - World - Ahram Online
George Mitchell resigned over Dennis Ross’s bias to Israel, hatred for Palestinians: Abu Sharif via @ahramonline