Links 9-10 June 2011
- 7 Economic Ideas for a new Egypt
Sandmonkey special mix.
- How new is Egypt's 'new' foreign policy? - Al Jazeera English
"Egypt's new leaders have inherited Mubarak's dilemma – how to realise the country's aspiration to lead the Arab world without angering its Saudi benefactors"
- Jorge Semprún obituary | The Guardian
A fantastic writer.
- Review & Outlook: Egypt's Backward Turn - WSJ.com
The Rand-Hayek view of subsidy spending.
- Morocco fishing deal ‘poor value for money' | European Voice
Interesting critique of recently extended deal.
- Middle East Peace: What have Obama and Netanyahu wrought? - by Henry Siegman | The Middle East Channel
- Arab Reform Initiative
"Arab Securitocracies and Security Sector Reform: Reforming the Egyptian Security Services"
- Egyptian celebrities who backed Mubarak become pariahs | McClatchy
Tamer, the other Hosni who lost on #jan25
- ANALYSIS-Saleh's exit lessens risk of civil war in Yemen | Reuters
- Breaking the silence on HIV in Egypt - Middle East - Al Jazeera English
Breaking the silence on HIV in Egypt by @aje