- Twilight of the Nuba - By Dan Morrison | Foreign Policy
More ethnic cleansing in Sudan.
- Revolutionary coalitions multiply, fragment and disagree on the way ahead | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Reminiscent of "Life of Brian".
- The royal road to democracy - By Ahmed Charai | The Middle East Channel
Shameless propaganda for the Moroccan monarchy.
- Rights group threatens to release secret arrests records | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Don't threaten, just do it.
- ElBaradei’s proposed bill contains no political role for Egyptian military | Al-Masry Al-Youm
- Bitterlemons-international - The GCC and Arab revolution
A bunch of good stuff here.
- Close Mubarak confidant can't pay bail, say judicial sources | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Of course: :"Hussein Salem has not yet paid bail because he has yet to find “clean” sources of money."
- AOL Hell: An AOL Content Slave Speaks Out « News
- Obama’s Hypocrisy On Sudan | The New Republic
A pretty bad piece on Obama and Sudan by Daniel Goldhagen, in which the word "Hitler" appears numerous times.
- History flashes by | Jordan Times
Review of Mahfouz's "The Final Hour"
- Suspicion and Strategy in Free Tunisia | The Middle East Channel
Good piece by Christopher Davidson, whose book on Tunisia is excellent.
- FT - Comment: ElBaradei tries to ease rancour
Good piece by Heba Saleh.
- Le Figaro - International : Au Maroc, Mohammed VI garde la main
N'importe quoi - rien n'a changer.
- FT - Palestinians deserve Obama’s support in September
Saeb Erakat, with ironic timing.
- Turkey warns Assad: You have less than a week to start implementing reforms - Haaretz
- The weapons flee Libya « al-Wasat – الوسط
Libya's impact on the Sahel
Hoss on the protests at the military prosecutor's yesterday.
- Egypt’s Former President Hosni Mubarak Has Cancer, Lawyer Tells Al-Arabiya
“He is not dying, but he might reach this stage soon."
- No Savior - By Nathan J. Brown | Foreign Policy
An assessment of Salam Fayyad,
- The FP Twitterati 100 | Foreign Policy
I'm in good company here.
- FT.com / Europe - Transcript: interview with President Dmitry Medvedev
Medvedev, in FT interview, promises that Russia will veto any Syria resolution at the UN security council: