Podcast: The Manchurian Candidate
In this week's podcast, we discuss the "Constitution First" vs. "Elections First" debate in Egypt and Sheikh al-Azhar's proposal, the silence surrounding Syria and Bahrain, the ADC's attempt to prevent Syrian artist Malek Jandani from playing a pro-uprising song and review the autobiography of Egyptian ex-Muslim Brother and presidential candidate Abdel Moneim Aboul Fotouh, and wonder if he's really been kicked out of the group.
We're still working on getting iTunes to update the podcast, but remember you can always subscribe with iTunes (and other podcatcher software) by using this link. In iTunes just go to "Advanced / Subscribe to a podcast" and paste in the link.
Thanks for the feedback we've gotten (podcast[at]arabist.net), and please keep it coming! This is still a work in progress and we learn a lot from your input.
Links for this week's episode:
- AFP: Calls for mass rally to bring Egypt revolt 'back to basics'
- FT.com / Middle East / Politics & Society - Top Sunni body calls for democratic Egypt
- Syria Comment » Archives » Is Turkey a Shield? Assad to Speak about Reform on Monday
- ADC bans Syria freedom song - Blog - The Arabist
- Why the Muslim Brothers will brook no dissent
Right-click and save the link below to download [27MB] or click the play button to stream: