Links 30 June - 1 July 2011
- Morocco Tomorrow
The site put together by some US PR firm to sell the constitutional reform.
- The New York Times
RT @NickKristof: Syria faces perhaps the biggest protests so far, in Hama - Bye, bye, Assad?
- Al-Azhar Document: A Promising Step in Need of Clearer Safeguards | Human Rights First
- Occasion manquée
Boubakr Jamai's take on Morocco's new constitution.
- Disparate Factions From Streets Fuel New Opposition in Syria - NYTimes.com
On "Local Coordination Committees"
- Kuwait Approves a Record $70 Billion Budget - NYTimes.com
Spend spend spend.
- Egypt Revolution: Violence Leaves One Thousand Wounded - The Daily Beast
- Assad Deserves a Swift Trip to The Hague
Says Madeleine "1/2 million dead from sanctions in Iraq is worth it" Albright.
- Gaddafi's daughter acknowledges talks with Libya rebels
"[To end war] we are ready to ally with the devil and that is the armed rebels."
- Tahrir's journey to Palestine by Helena Cobban | The Middle East Channel
- Thousands demonstrate on 'Friday of Retribution'
Egyptians pissed off again - and this shows MB does not control street.
- Recognizing Reality in the Middle East
Matt Duss on US decision to talk to MB.
- Journalist Rachid Nini Jailed in Morocco - Newsweek
- Egypt’s military finally announces fund for victims of the revolution | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Always reactive, never pro-active: the Mubarak style of management.
- US to forgive a third of Egypt's debt over 3 years | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Another explanation for no WB/IMF loan.
- Morocco's king is destroying hope for democracy | Ahmed Benchemsi | Comment is free
- Syria Pulls Armed Forces From Some Cities - NYTimes.com
Including Hama - hopefully not pulling out to bomb it!
- Muslim Mickey Mouse Tweet by Christian Billionaire Sparks Controversy | Religion Dispatches
- Review ordered in death that sparked Egypt revolt
More charges could be brought.
- South Sudan takes final steps toward statehood
A new TLD (.ss - yes, they know), passports, embassies, the works.
- Tensions Beneath the Stability in the U.A.E. - NYTimes.com
UAE starts getting nasty.
- yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/gyltvhyxj Shared by sharifkouddous
RT @sharifkouddous A couple of thousand in #Tahrir, people setting up tents in the middle of the square. #jun28 #egypt
- The Bibi Report Blog and Weekly Radio show on BlogTalkRadio * 2011 *: FLOTILLA2 - Israel: 'We will unmask the true face of the hate-filled provocateurs'
Hasbarapocalypse continues: Israeli gov PR unit prepares 4 imaginary massacre of Israeli troops by #flotilla2 passengers
- Riyadh will build nuclear weapons if Iran gets them, Saudi prince warns | World news | The Guardian
Turki al-Faisal reportedly threatens that Saudi Arabia will build nukes if Iran does:
- Egypt, Libya and Middle East unrest - live updates | World news | guardian.co.uk
Latest from #Tahrir - Guardian audio report from the scene: #Egypt
- My husband was abducted by Bahrain 'security' - Opinion - Al Jazeera English
Ala'a Shehabi writes about her husband Ghazi Farhan, convicted of attending unlicenced protests in #Bahrain:
Blog on the Syrian uprising.
- Religion and Politics in Bahrain: 25 More Years of Crisis
Justin Gengler: "25 More Years of Crisis" Al-Wifaq boycotts, but the National Dialogue still represents 94% of #Bahrain!
- yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/keojvhbj Shared by Sandmonkey
Mohamed mahmoud looking like a warzone
- Ikhwanweb :: The Muslim Brotherhood Official English Website
El-Erian to Masrawi: The Brotherhood Would Oppose the Army if It Adopts the Notion of ''Constitution First'': El...