- Yves Gonzalez-Quijano: One Day I Might Dream in Arabic | Al Akhbar English
Profile of wonderful Yves.
- Walters Art Museum Ms. W.596 - a set on Flickr
A wonderful Flickr set of Persian miniatures.
- Spoils of war
- Field Marshal Tantawi
The video linked here seems like so long ago.
- The rebellion’s leaders: Good intentions, fragile legitimacy | The Economist
On the Libyan katibas.
- Middle East Policy Council | The International Role in Post-Qadhafi Libya? Withdraw.
- Libya: The birth of free Libya | The Economist
"Guns, not civilian politics, are currently determining Libya’s future"
- A First Take on Algeria & Libya « The Moor Next Door
- Middle Of the Road: Morocco and the Rest of The World « The Moorish Wanderer
How Morocco's political model hinders its economy.
- Gaza NGOs express 'horror' at new Hamas travel restrictions on Palestinians
Hamas, acting like Israel.
- The Kingdom of Magical Thinking - By Robin M. Mills | Foreign Policy
Music to my ears.
- In Damascus « LRB blog
- Misrata rebels defy Libya's new regime
Can't blame them.
- Despite Protests, Morocco's King Retains Control
How sad that Morocco is now described as a country clinging to autocracy.
- Interview: Shahira Amin on broadcasting in Egypt | Media | The Guardian
- Libya, Obama and the triumph of realism - FT.com
I agree with Robert Kaplan - Obama's caution on Libya was quietly great statesmanship.
- Gamble on Libya pays off for Qatar - FT.com
- Evidence suggests daughter did not die in 1986 bombing as claimed
Probably bull, but if true, unsurprisingly sociopathic.
- Libyan Novelist Recounts His Father’s Abduction : The New Yorker
- U.S. Tactics in Libya May Be Model for Use of Force - NYTimes.com
More on "Libya as a model"
- Libya as a Model — The Monkey Cage
Interesting post on liberal interventionism post-Libya.
- Egypt and Israel: Springtime in Sinai | The Economist
On Sinai and Egypt-Israel relations.
- Egyptian Salafi says Mubarak trial un-Islamic
Or, the problem with Sharia.
- Syrian uprising to get aggressive- Activist
Taking a page from Libya, rebels say no to negotiations, take up arms.
- Successors of the Mubarak regime redouble their assault on civil society and the freedom of association « EOHR
- Not Over Yet « LRB blog
Charles Glass on Libya.
- SCAF balance sheet at a glance - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
I just RT'd this but will tweet again, because it is succinct and important: #SCAF promises cheat sheet:
- In Egypt, the Lure of Leaving - NYTimes.com
On Copts post-revolution.
- Does Libya really need European peacekeepers?
Scary that the debate is about which troops to send, not whether to send any.
- The Islamophobe Money Machine
Good post on the $42m financing of Islamophobia.
- Assad 'reforms' the Syrian media
So ridiculously, tragically late.
- Will Hezbollah desert Assad before the end? | Tom Rogan | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
Will #Hezbollah desert Assad before the end? #Syria
- Politico Op-Ed: Jews were Majority in West Bank "since the 1800's" | Al Akhbar English
Jews have been the majority in West Bank since 1800's? So says Dem strategist in Politico:
- New Arab Governments Face Tough Chore Recovering Assets - WSJ.com
On Egypt and Tunisia's efforts.
- Cable Viewer
Wikileaks cable on Egyptian response to 9/11, dated 9/12/01
- Chart of the Syrian opposition by WINEP
- Voice Inside Cheering Libyan Rebel's Head: 'Oh, Fuck, Now What?' | The Onion
- Blogger Jennifer Rubin Keeps Washington Post Job After Norway Gaffe – Forward.com
Good piece by Eric Alterman on the terrible Jennifer Rubin.